Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #1

Slide outs dont work???

I am having a problem with my 2001 FourWind Windsport 35d slides. Neither slide will go out when you hit the out button. The slides were working great and now nothing? I checked all connections and fuses and they were good. I brought it to an rv shop and they told me the pump & motor were bad? My Hydraulic Jacks work and I believe they use the same system has my slides. So how can the other parts be bad???
MSgtNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just proof you can not trust the experts all the time. You need to find someone with the same coach that knows how your system works. There are several combinations but it is a good bet that your system shares the same hydraulic system. However, in my newer coach the jacks are hydraulic and the slides are electric. Find someone in a camp ground that knows his stuff and get them to points out the details of your system. A simple look by the right person will know exactly what you have. My first pick would be a blown fuse or a bad switch, of low battery. First off do you hear the hydraulic pump running when the slides are moving normally? To get good results you have to communicate much more details about your situation.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know when I cant get mine to work, it is usually something I have forgotten. On mine, I have to remember to set the parking brake, slide the driver's seat forward and the ignition must be in the off position. I usually forget one of these! Sorry I don't have specific knowledge of your coach, but thought these items might help you remember something.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #4

On a Four Winds, you need to set the parking brake. Make sure your house battery has a good charge. You can start the MH to give your batteries a boost.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgtNobody View Post
I am having a problem with my 2001 FourWind Windsport 35d slides. Neither slide will go out when you hit the out button. The slides were working great and now nothing? I checked all connections and fuses and they were good. I brought it to an rv shop and they told me the pump & motor were bad? My Hydraulic Jacks work and I believe they use the same system has my slides. So how can the other parts be bad???
Can you tell us if the pump motor runs when you try to extend?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #6

slides won't work

Hi,
I have the same rig. The slides and levelers do work on separate systems. The slide out pump is in a compartment on the streetside near the sanitation bay. It has it's own electrical etc. I had a problem with one of the selenoids.
Check the electrical and make sure the switches near the stairs are on.
Good luck...and good taste in motorhomes
-Craig
OutnAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
paz

We don't have the same coach, but our slides are interlocked with the ignition switch so they can't be operated while the vehicle is in motion. If the relay sticks in the off position, the slides won't work. Try turning the ignition switch off and on several times to see if you can get the relay to activate and reset. If not, you can sometimes tap on the relay with a screwdriver handle and get it to work - that is, if you do indeed have a relay interlock between your slides and the ignition switch and you can find the relay. As has already been suggested, make sure the parking brake is set.

How did the RV shop determine the pump AND motor are bad? It is unlikely they would both go bad at the same time. You should be able to use a volt meter or a test light to see if there is power getting to the pump when a helper presses the switch to activate the slides inside the coach. If there is no power, the problem is not the motor.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you tried it with the motor running? Sometimes the extra voltage from the alternator makes the difference if you have any weak battery or connections.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide