Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Slideout Bushings

I have a 2005 Winnebago Adventure 38J with 24W Workhorse Chassis. The front left (main Room ) slideout has been sqeeking lately and I looked at it the last time we put it out and found pieces of white plastic on top of the compartments. I could see that at the end of the channel where the slide comes out has white plastic guide bushings on top and bottom and the two bottom ones are falling apart and is where the pieces I found are coming from. It looks like the bushings just pop into the channels but it also looks like the slide would have to come all the way out to replace them. Does anyone have knowledge of this type of job or should an RV repair Facility tackle it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #2

jrchep: Welcome to the IRV2 forum. There has been some discussion about these bushings in the past. Go to the Winnebago forum and search for "slideout bushing". There are a couple of threads that provide details on how to replace these. . It seems to be pretty straight forward. I have a similar problem with the bushing in mine... they are slowly breaking apart and soon will need to be replaced. I'm hoping they will be as easy to replace as the threads indicate.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
slideout bushings

Thank you RoadKing for the reply, I will check that thread out right away and if I decide to do it I'll let you know how it works out
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
slide out bushing

Roadking, the Winnebago Forum was very helpful and I contacted the company today. The guy I talked to had no idea what I was talking about when I told him about the bushings breaking. Said he would look it up and get back to me, That was when they opened today, central time, haven't heard anything yet but will call them back tomorrow and order the kit. Still don't know if the black bushings exist will get to that tomorrow also.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #5

jrchep - I don't know much about how the Winnies slide outs are configured but I have a Georgetown 378TSXL and my slide outs run on wear pads as opposed to a bushing unless you are calling the wearpads bushings. On my coach those pads are just pieces of plastic called UHMW. If it turns out that's all you need let me know. I own a plastics company and I stock the stuff in sheet form from 1/8" thick all the way up to 4" thick and in rod form from 1/4" dia. up to about 12" dia. Let me know how big and I'll send you pieces for free as I have a lot of off cuts.

MoHo Dave
Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
slideout bushings

I received the bushing kits from MHW, they were around 14.00 per piston. The second person I called knew precisly what I was talking about and I got them several days later. I had planned to put them in last week but a few setback in my health have postponed install. I looks very straight forward. I beleive your right though that they are pads and not bushings. I plan on taking lots of pics when doing the job and will pass them along