I asked advice HERE
a few weeks ago about changing my chassis batteries and you all really came through. I changed them Friday December 30th and every thing went very smooth.
I disconnected from shore power and turned my inverters off. I took pictures of each battery post and made detailed notes as to the numbers of wires and where they were going if I could tell.
As I said, all went well and it cranked beautifully. My Battery Balance light comes on occasionally but it did that before. I probably need to ask about that in a Prevost forum.
Here are a few pictures of the change.
Easily accessible is important for a fat guy...
There are four batteries so I numbered the posts 1-8 and marked each wire as I took it off. Several posts had four wires and all but one had two or more wires. By labeling each wire I wanted to make sure I didn't mix any up. Even with every wire marked clearly it could have easily been confusing. I would never have wired this up correctly without labeling and detailed notes.
Old Batteries-One of them was reading 10.8 volts when I took it out so it was probably the culprit.