Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 07:00 AM   #29

Heading out again this weekend, heading over to Arkansas for a week. then weather permitting one last trip Thanksgiving week parking near the grandkids.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 10:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Ours gets winterized in a couple of weeks and then off to the storage building until after tax season. Have to empty it this weekend and get it ready for winter.

I have to laugh at the snowfall projections of 36" being too much to handle. We average 120" a year and other than our seven foot in one week nightmare a couple of years ago, we have not lost a day of work in over 25 years. We are hardy souls here in Western NY and, hey, all that snow keeps the riff raff out!

Didn't keep Hillery outta NY. Oops, shouldn't have said that out loud.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One advantage of living in Southern California is that I don't have to bother with winterizing.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #32

We use our MH year round, but do have inside heated storage. Therefore we never winterize. In NE Oklahoma it might be 20 deg F one day and 70 deg F the next during the winter. It's nice to take advantage of those days.

We always head south for a month or so in Feb just to knock the chill off!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SHOP PICS 003.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	141878  
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #33

Jayco Owners Club
Had out last trip this past weekend, going to winterize in the next two weeks or so. Looking forward to our first trip next year, going out to Jayco to get several spider cracks repaired around the windshield, That will take place the week of 4/10. NJ to IN to NJ, then it's off to Yellowstone in late July through mid August, then we heading to DC for 4 or 5 days, after that down to the tip of the Delmarva. We have a busy year scheduled next year!

But for now all I can do is winterize, and play with the coach in my spare time over the winter months. It was sad returning from our tip to Lancaster knowing the coach will be put to rest till April!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	36UN at CS.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	510.1 KB
ID:	141880  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:44 PM   #34
HGC

So it begins

We just took our MH to our cave storage in Wampum PA. We call him "Kaboom" affectionately. It was a devastating and depressing afternoon as we shed a tear at letting "our big pain in the a**" have a long winter's nap. Sniff! I miss him already. Sniff!
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Damn Texas just started RV season.. Will be open till next June .
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Got ours washed, plan on winterizing tomorrow. Headed to RGV 12/26. Normally would just put in storage shed and use a couple light bulbs to keep from freezing between now and then. However, need to have some work done, replace the leveling system in the coming weeks, so better to winterize, than trust the mechanics to take care of it.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks everyone...

Pretty cool to read so many varieties of how 'winter' is perceived and spent by other RVers.

Thanks for sharing your stories on this thread. Keep'em comin'!

As for us, we're anxiously awaiting the spring…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9656.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	141938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9675.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	141939  

NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:29 AM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are going to winter over in Mesa AZ or thereabout next year. We'll set up camp and explore the SW in our Jeep TJ. I'm sick and tired of all the rain here in the PNW. We look forward to the great escape. Life is good and we are blessed we have the means to pull this of this off.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:44 AM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
We use our MH year round, but do have inside heated storage. Therefore we never winterize. In NE Oklahoma it might be 20 deg F one day and 70 deg F the next during the winter. It's nice to take advantage of those days.

We always head south for a month or so in Feb just to knock the chill off!!
What a sweet set up! How wide is your RV covered parking? I assume you have your Toad in the same building. I'd give my eye teeth for that MH barn. You're a lucky man.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
What a sweet set up! How wide is your RV covered parking? I assume you have your Toad in the same building. I'd give my eye teeth for that MH barn. You're a lucky man.
My shop building is at my house and is 60' wide x 40' deep. I modified one of the bays to provide adequate height for a 14' tall door and 55' depth with a 15' MH bay width. The doors are all 12 'wide. Works good with heat and air.

We have a 3 car garage for the toad.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:56 AM   #41

Never park ours we camp year round , winter is best time campgrounds are uncrowded and camp fires are the best when cold and you have they coffee and hot chocolate flowing, and when we come home I just drain out the pipes till next trip
Poohbear7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:21 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear7278 View Post
Never park ours we camp year round , winter is best time campgrounds are uncrowded and camp fires are the best when cold and you have they coffee and hot chocolate flowing, and when we come home I just drain out the pipes till next trip
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote