Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
some issues with my dolphin

Hello my friends! I have a couple of issues i
I'm faced with and would love to hear your opinions.... My norcold frig stopped working on elec and propane. called myself checking it out, next day took it in for a inspection. They told me that my cooling unit needed to be replaced because it was clogged up. They put in a order for it and told me to wait for a call to bring it back in, about seven days. Since I picked it up they left the frig on and when I drove back home I plugged into shore power. I checked the and it switched over to a/c power and it has worked since then perfectly. The cooling unit is covered under extended warranty. I guess the thing to do is have them replace the C-unit still and hope with them pulling out the frig that they don't cause other issues. I had some bad experiences with service departments making things worse. Any feed back??
I have a issue with my slide. I noticed after a problem with my slide not working, that the connection at the control panel had broken off. They also ordered the board to be replaced. At that time I ask them why my slide wasnt closing completely at the corner? They told me the extended warranty doesnt cover adjustments. If its just a adjustment to the drive gear tooth, What should be the estimate of cost for this adjustment? One other question....Since I have two a/c units, where would the thermostat be for the front unit? The back unit's thermostat is in the back bedroom. I've looked everywhere. Thanks in advance for your feed back!

lilgreek7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like you have almost the same unit as us, the LX 6355? Fridge and slide, I dunno. The stat for both a/c units is on the wall with the rest of your controls. You have to fiddle with the stat to go from one a/c to both. This might trip your circuit breakers if you are only on 30amp service. What is in the bedroom on the wall, I think, is a temp sensor.

What extended service contract do you have? Sounds like you need a new service provider.

2003 Dolphin LX 6355 w/ W22 chassis; 8.1L gasser & Allison 1000
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes, we do have the same unit. My extended ins. co. is XtraRide. They have been pretty good. They already paid a large claim to us for a new engine that was blown only 4 months after purchasing our unit. Thank God I had it then. It was a claim for over 16k. I only paid 3.5K for the contract. Actually I wished I never had to use it, lots of headaches. My question about the temp thermostats...was for the temp sensors. I do see one on my inside wall in the bedroom. But I would think that there would be two, since I do have two units. To be able to have two different temps, front and rear, at the same time. On the wall in the hallway thru bath area, I know about setting the temps on the thermostat. I was just wondering if we had another in the front area that senses the temp up front..??? Maybe they are connected together, one sensor for two units. We really love our coach! Tuesday I will be putting the unit in the shop for the frig cooling unit to be installed and a powerr board under in the inverter compartment for the slide. I shoulkd just have to pay my $200 deductible. I still have coverage till April of 2014. I'm not certain if I will be purchasing another policy after this one expires. They, ExtraRide, may not want to rewrite another to me.. God bless and see ya on the road!
lilgreek7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If the T'stat is located in the front zone the main thermistor (temp sensor) is inside the "Tstat; located in the bottom section with vent slots thru the case.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
It may be an opportunity to "upgrade" the cooling unit to the Amish cooling unit
You could discuss thus with your warranty people. You pay any difference - I think they are similarly priced.
People are dumping "perfectly operating" Norcold cooling units because of their fire history.
That's what I'd be doing anyway
2005 Monaco Signature Castle 1V
2013 Subaru Outback Toad
SteveSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by SteveSkinner View Post
It may be an opportunity to "upgrade" the cooling unit to the Amish cooling unit
You could discuss thus with your warranty people. You pay any difference - I think they are similarly priced.
People are dumping "perfectly operating" Norcold cooling units because of their fire history.
That's what I'd be doing anyway
I believe the Norcold "problem" is with the 1200 series. Since no one has asked nor were we advised which Norcold unit is being discussed, hard to tell!!

Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote