Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #1

Splendide WD2000S Repair

I have an extended warranty on my W/D. It only worked one time. I called the number on the cert and they told me that the pump was bad. They will send a new pump and pay for 1.5 hours to repair it. The problem is that I can't find a place to have it repaired. I live near Annapolis, MD. I have a 2007 Bounder. It seems that there are no Bounder dealers close to me. Can anyone suggest a dealer that will repair my W/D?

Thanks
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #2

These machines are not exactly the space shuttle. If you have reasonable mechanical ability, you should be able to do it yourself. The biggest challenge may be removing the washer from its cabinet. As I recall, they weigh around 200 pounds.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
paz

Most larger RV dealers should be able to repair a Splendide washer/dryer - you don't need a Bounder dealer. The Splendide will be the same no matter what RV it's in.

Maybe Splendide can suggest someone to repair their product in your area.

Opinions of Camping World service varies greatly, but they do sell Splendide. Maybe they can repair them, too. As ernieh says, it's not rocket science.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #4

Thanks ernieh and paz. I will check local dealers. I purchased the warranty so I would not need to work on it myself. I could probably fix it but I should not need to with the warrany.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

You could order the part yourself from Splendide (Westland Sales) and then get a mobile RV guy or even an appliance repair guy to install it and make the claim on your extended warranty, including the part cost. That's how I handled my Splendide repair. The machine is simple enough to work on once you have the part in hand (assuming you can get it out of its compartment to work on).
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
errrr...I don't know if I'd go to CW for any repairs, but I'm sure it depends on thefacility. Obviously, some CW sites must be able to repair things, no?
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #7

splendid

since you are in annapolis i'd check with marine repair shops. alot of trawlers and power boats use splendid.
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote