Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #1

Hi, Ya'll and greetings from Bar Harbor, ME!

About a year or so, I remember seeing instructions on how to make one of those round decorator tables attached to the MH Steering Wheel. Camping World sells them for a "pretty penny", but I think (if I recall) they're very easy to make using one of those store bought round tables from WM that run under $7.

Would appreciate the instructions, or directions on where to find them.

Thanks!
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #2

Hi, Ya'll and greetings from Bar Harbor, ME!

About a year or so, I remember seeing instructions on how to make one of those round decorator tables attached to the MH Steering Wheel. Camping World sells them for a "pretty penny", but I think (if I recall) they're very easy to make using one of those store bought round tables from WM that run under $7.

Would appreciate the instructions, or directions on where to find them.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Cheri and Ron,

Yes you can build them cheaper. Go to kmart or walmart and look for those round tables with 3 legs. I think I paid 8.95 for mine. Next go to Lowes or Home Depot and get 1 1/4-20 threaded rod, about 12 1/4 nuts, 6 flat washers and 1 3' 3/4" x 3/4" square stock. Turn the table over and mark each mounting bracket 1, 2, & 3. Now when you tilt the stearing wheel all the way up, it's still not level, so to make the table level you do this. The bracket marked #1 you point towards the front. Now cut 3 - 6" long pieces from the wood bar. Drill a 1/4 hole oh about 1" from one end. Put a level on the table and lift the back end till the table is level. Measure one of the back legs to see how long of a piece of threaded rod you will need and cut 3. Now comes the fun part.

For the rear two, run a nut up, a washer then one of the square rod, washer and finally a nut. You adjust this mess till you have the table level. Oh, also on the other end of the threaded rod you also put a nut. This is used to keep the 1/4 rod from coming out of the bracket. Now do the same for the other rear one. Also mark the wood foot #1, #2, & #3, so you put them in the correct location. Now the rear two will sit on top of the steering wheel and the fron one will go underneath the wheel to lock it in place. Get a round table cloth and top piece, put a lamp on it and there you have it.

Right now were sitting at home, I just got out of the hospital Wednesday after major surgery on my right catroid artery. It had a 90% blockage. Caught it in time. So not traveling for a while. We love Tennessee and we don't plan on moving again. Will do some traveling but no more moves. Stop up some time, I can fit you next to my rig. Drop me a line at renegades9@earthlink.net and I'll pass on the new address and phone numbers. Hope the instructions help out. I figured Ron will make you build it. Take care and happing camping.
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:26 AM   #4

Hey, Jim and Doreen:

Glad to hear you are happy in TN and enjoying the area. Sorry though, to hear about your surgery. Praise the Lord, it was caught in time. Hope you're on your way to a speedy recovery.

We've been in Bar Harbor, ME since the 5th of June and on the road since April 5th. We are loving it. I'm not quite ready to give up our home, but I could stay on the road forever!

We've met a lot of very nice workkampers here and it's fun to do things with them since we all have so much in common.

One of these days we'll make it to TN and for sure stop and see you. Are you building a house or did you buy one? I can't remember.

Take care and thank you so much for the instructions on the table.

God bless!
Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Cheri,
In the next few days I'll take a few pictures and email them to you. Send me your email address to renegades9@earthlink.net. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Have fun. We are thinking of making a trip to Connecticut this fall but will wait and see for now. I still need surgery on my right leg.

Later
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:50 AM   #6

I bought a round top from Lowe's. Cut a piece about 3" wide by about 8". Connected to table top with hinge. Used three mop hanger brackets to snap on the steering wheel. Had to spread them out a little but this works pretty good. We only put a small lamp on it so it is for looks.