Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #1

Stetson Leveling System

Need a little help please. We just bought a 1993 Thor Ambassador 330Q and can not get the hydraulic leveling system to work. All the jacks were down when we first looked at the RV and when we went back and picked it up a few days later we drove it home and parked. Went out and tried to lower the jacks but nothing seems to be working. Called the guy at the lot where we purchased it but he wasn't much help. Can someone tell me where the hydraulic pump is and where the fuse(s) are located? I think the reservoir is in the engine compartment right behind the passenger side headlight assembly since it looks like 8 hydraulic lines arer running to a set of valves there alomh with a small reservoir. Should this reservoir be full of hydraulic fluid? I have tried this with the engine running and also on shore power but no luck. I did notice that there are two batteries on the left side of the engine compartment and one of them is not even connected. Could this be the problem? I have four green lights on the panel when I turn the key on and it sounds like a very weak (and I do mean weak) pump tries to do something for about 15 seconds and then there is nothing. Jacks do not move either way. We are brand new to RVing and there are no manuals with this RV so I do not know what does what except by trial and error. I did figure which swith operates the generator but that did not help either. Guess you could say this is a work in progress but we are really anxious to learn how to operate our new home. Any help is appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello TTitans1 and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
I cant say I remember seeing a Stetson brand leveling system. It could be another brand with the Stetson name put on it. Have you tried operation with the ignition on but motor not running? You will most certainly need good battery voltage. This would be a good time to get the battery banks checked out and up to optimum performance. Be sure parking brake i set. If you can post a picture of the touch pad or send me one in a private message, I can be of more help.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #3

Stetson Leveling system

Thank you for your reply. I did get the jacks to work - turns out the battery only had 90 amps. I replaced it and it is working great. Now I need to figure out how it needs to be hooked up so it is getting recharged as there are some wires nearby that have been disconnected including a red battery cable that looks like it may go to the generator although that does not sound right because the generator starts up from the dash switch. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for a 1993 Thor Ambassador 330Q? Thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You are not likely to find a wiring diagram. If your house batteries are not getting recharged; you have a charging circuit issue. If you suspect the loose wiring will charge the batteries, check for voltage from them when plugged in or the generator is running. A ground wire will, or should have zero ohms resistance to the frame of the coach. Connect ground to - and positive voltage wire to + post of the battery(s). If the dead battery is the chassis battery, then you will need to use something like an Echo charger so the batteries are not directly connected together.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #5

RV batteries

Well I think you are correct in that I will not find a wiring diagram so I will see if this helps. I am posting two pictures of the coach battery. I beleive that the red battery cable with black on it connects to the positive terminal of the coach battery but I would like some verification before I connect it. One end is connected to the terminal in the center of the 2nd photo. (There are 2 cable connected to the terminal of what looks a lot like an automobile starter relay) Should I go ahead and connect this to the positive post of the coach battery? Currently the other end is just wedged between the battery and the battery box frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03581.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	4995   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03582.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	4996  

Old 08-17-2010, 04:08 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Connect the red cable to the positive post of the battery and if there is a large black cable hanging loose connect it to the negative battery post.