Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #1

Storage Questions

Hi, I have a 24ft motorcoach and looking to syor it in Washington State. Has anyone stored it in a self storage that would just fit the coach? It's only 24ft long and 11.3 in tall. I think the biggest issue would be door height.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
What area in WA would you like to store it?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:27 PM   #3

I'm looking at Seattle
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #4

When you say "door height," do you mean that you want to store it in an enclosed storage facility? ...or one outdoors but covered?

There are plenty of "covered" RV storage facilities located inside many of the self-storage places in the area (like these) that are covered but not completely enclosed.

If you choose a place outside of Seattle itself, you'll find better rates. Out in the suburbs or further will find better values.

One place we recommend to people to check is Nor'West in North Bend. It's a nice but small RV park that also has covered storage (their small complex also has a nicely kept mobile home park and short-term apartments). It's a very well-maintained and clean facility. It's just a few miles from the mountains and also very convenient to Seattle as it's right along I-90 (even though it's close to the freeway, the RV park itself is pretty insulated from the noise ...or so we've experienced but that shouldn't concern you for storage only).

Take a look at THIS SLIDE SHOW that gives photos of their their covered storage facilities.

Nor'West website --go HERE

Another covered RV storage facility that others have recommended to us in the past is Eagle Self Storage in Woodinville ...an image of their covered RV storage area --go HERE (as you can see, they have plenty of height)

Eagle Self Storage website --go HERE

These are just two places but there are dozens more like these in the area. PM me if you need help.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC808 View Post
Hi, I have a 24ft motorcoach and looking to syor it in Washington State. Has anyone stored it in a self storage that would just fit the coach? It's only 24ft long and 11.3 in tall. I think the biggest issue would be door height.
If it just barely fits side to side, you may have an issue getting in and out. Looks like theroc has some good ideas.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC808 View Post
I'm looking at Seattle
Sorry I meant Spokane.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #7

Lol.. Seattle, Spokane whats the difference?
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
Lol.. Seattle, Spokane whats the difference?
Ok...how about Portland

Tags
storage