Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #29
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
I would take it back and tell them that they damaged your coach and you want it repainted. That'll get their attention.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
naw (have some fun) Dogpatch has it right.. Those are my panels, but that's not my coach !!! or the coach must have been unside down when the tech put the covers back on.

wonderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #31

Gulf Streamers Club
Most fun I had with dealer service was a new GMC conversion van. It had a bad battery that would go from 12.5 V to 7 V in about 15 minutes sitting with an interior light on. (I used to sit and grade papers in it while son was inside on the ice at hockey practice) I took it in, they said battery was 'within specs.' I told them I had a multimeter and knew it shouldn't 'collapse' like that. I drove away, the next 3 times the battery went dead, I called for my free roadside service to jump start it. On the 4th call, they said they had to take it in for service. Tested, said battery was within specs. Next time I called for a jump, they said I had exceeded my # of service calls, I said, "No, your certified techs say it's within specs. we start the count over again." I got a new battery. On that trip to the dealer, I was wearing a button I'd made that said, "Ask me about the 3 trips to the (dealer's name) to get it fixed deal." I sat in the waiting room, the owner came by, saw the button and had a fit. I offered him my button and told him of the multiple trips I'd made to have things fixed, they'd order the part, I'd return, the part would be wrong or more needed, I'd have to return again. He made sure I was taken care of from then on.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #32
PLEASE let us know what they say when you show them this! I can't wait to hear all about it!
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #33
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had our coach in to the dealer last spring to replace an awning arm that had become out of alignment. When we were told it was done & ready for pick up, we didn't check it. Several weeks later, the first time we unrolled it, a rusty pair of pliers fell out of it.

Then about a month ago, I noticed something on the edge of the roof, just above where the new awning arm attached. Dave got up on the roof & found the rusty bracket, pictured below, laying up there. It had to have rode around up there for months. We washed the roof before it went to the dealer so I know it wasn't up there prior. We'd been to Indiana twice, a few other weekend campouts locally, down to the rally in TN & then over to GA before it worked it's way far enough to the roof edge for us to see. It's heavy, but I'm surprised it didn't fall off & do damage to some other motorist somewhere along our travels.

Lesson learned=inspect any repairs...& the roof...before leaving the dealer.

Attached Images
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most RV technicians are men, and Color blindness is a sex linked trait (most likely to strike, in this case, men).

If you ever read the books "Murphy's Law and other reasons why things go wrong) I think it's book 2) The author gives the official story about the creation of Murphy's law.

In his version Murphy was a technician, on the rocket sled project back in the 50's which led to the space program and a man on the moon by the end of the 60's. (And I might add a great period in this country's history, but to say more about that woudl be politics).

He had the habbit of hooking the blue wire to the green screw and so on.

Some reporter ask a General (I think) what was taking so long "It's that )@#@ MURPHY!, IF there is any way to do it wrong he will" by the magic of mis-quoting became Murphy's law.

The law was really discovered by Mrs. Murphy of chowder fame.

(Who threw the overalls in Mrs. Murphy's chowder... Mrs. Murphy of course, the chowder pot was also the laundry tub).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #35

Gulf Streamers Club
Color blindness doesn't mean you can't match patterns and bold, contrasting lines on the two doors. Murphy is fun, but just an excuse for inattention to detail and quality. Would you put your mother on Murphy's airplane?

Bob & Donna
Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #36
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ummm...maybe I'm slow, but this didn't just look like swapped doors to me.

Thanks to photoshop...I submit that you may have at least one door that is a badly matched replacement.
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	28944

I didn't take too much time on it so you can still see the awning blocking the bottom door.

Best of luck sorting this out.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #37

Gulf Streamers Club
I think it's angles, lighting, and perspective causing the mismatch. Unless the techs use all the hatches for tiddlywinks then the colorblind loser named Murphy redistributes them.

Bob & Donna
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #38
Originally Posted by Mnflyboy View Post
Does that mean some other poor guy has YOUR door panels?

NOW we know that the "service tech" at that dealership is ALSO a member HERE!
John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #39
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Digital cameras have a tendency to change colors to more closely match those around them..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #40
Originally Posted by dogpatch
That's not your RV. Only the fridge panels are.
You may be right! The RV we left with them was MUCH Cleaner than the one we picked up, especially inside!
2012 Winnebago Sightseer
2003 Wrangler
...and a dog named Belle
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #41
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Why do they use these crazy paint designs anyway? They hurt my eyes!

I almost ordered my Lance without all the gumbo on the outside. LOLOL At least Lance stopped putting some of the stickers over the windows per customer outcry!

Bluepill, hahaha very funny!
2002 LandRover Discovery II | 2013 Lance 1685 Travel Trailer |
2013 Lance 1685 Travel Trailer

WoodGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #42
Triple E Owners Club
I think you had the mechanic that did a C of A (yearly certification) on my airplane. I picked it up late at night - returning their loaner) and took off. As I was climbing over a small mountain range in the dark I noticed that the throttle was loose in the dash so I pushed it in all the way and wiggled it. A flashlight fell down from under my dash - still on. I was very cautious about adjusting any of my controls on my 1 1/2 hour flight home. After the weekend I received a phone call from the service center asking me if I had found a flashlight in my plane.
I was lucky that was the only thing that was loose and fell "off" in the dark.
Makes for "pucker power".

2007 Triple E - Empress Elite - Freightliner
WH 22 owner for 7 years
JCM is offline   Reply With Quote