Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #57

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Fortunately, I have been with Progressive for five years now and that had kicked in my "disappearing deductible" so it shouldn't be any money out of pocket but still...
We used to have Progressive till: Broke a windshield on my Jeep, called around and found someone local that would come to my home and replace it for $180. Called Progressive to get a quote. They ABSOLUTELY refused to give me any info till I said (as coached) "I want to file a claim". The cost through them was just under $500, so I told them to cancel the claim (as they said I could). When renewal time came up I found that Progressive was telling the other companies that I had a claim of "$0 to $1000" on my record!! Called the state Insurance Commission here, they said it was legal but certainly not moral to do that.
Now have GMAC.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #58

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
kind of like boat owners and running aground........

Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #59

I had the opportunity to learn first hand at someone else's expense. The hotel shuttle bus that picked us up at the airport was about a 30' class C. The rear bumper was a steel bar the width of the vehicle and held in space about 6 inches behind the vehicle. It had a short wheel base with a huge rear overhang. As it pulled up, I remember thinking that you could probably get millions of hits on You Tube if you filled the rear luggage compartment and then had people sit in the rear two rows.

As we arrived at the hotel, there was a shiny new Cadillac sitting at the curb right in front of the doors where the bus usually stops. Not a problem. There was room in front of the car. Our driver passed the car, turned sharply right to bring his front wheels to the curb, then turned sharply left to follow the curb and bring the rest of the bus to the curb. It turns out that "tail swing" is not just a myth. The steel bar swung toward the Cadillac, hooked its front bumper and ripped off the bumper and grill. The car looked like it had been in a collision on the interstate.

Something to keep in mind the next time you think "Not a problem, watch this, Honey".
Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #60

My coach has bought the neighbors a new mailbox and me anew marker light. Then I drive off the jacks one day. Thank goodness nothing broke. Chassis battery was dead so I pulled my work an up. Had no jumper cables so I used a piece of Romex and let it charge for about a half hour, finally got,to started, pulled my van out of the way and drive off. I forgot to unplug the extension cord I had hooked to it. No damage to the coach that time. Then last week I went to leave my house and turned a little too sharp and snagged the rear cap on a fire hydrant. Damage is more to my ego than anything else
Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #61
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the group but I have to say....nah, never mind. Been there done that just not so extreme.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #62

Have you ever turned on the black flush water with the valve closed and then been drawn into a lengthy conversation with your neighbor? No? Me neither ;-)
Old 04-09-2016, 08:19 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So far I have backed my MH into my mom's brand new Honda Pilot putting a nice hole in the front grill (caught it with the corner of the rear bumper), and learned why they put that sticker warning you to put the drivers seat forward before retracting slides.

Hoping/Praying that's it (knock on pressboard trim).
Brian W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #64

Lol thankfully PO pulled in the slide while the captains chair was too far back . I see the broken trim and it is a good reminder to NOT do that!!!

BLUM
Old 04-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #65
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Y'all need to go to rvillage.com and join us on the RV Village Idiot thread. I'm on there.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote