Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The light came on with lllkrob's post.
I had looked at the try, and it was not obvious that it cold be removed.
But since it can, that solves the problem.

2014 40QBH Phaeton DP Cummins 380HP ISL, Freightliner XC, 2014 Jeep Trailhawk TOAD
Blue Ox Aventa tow bar, SMI Air Force One -South Orange County Ca.
dpinvidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Most of the water in the ice tray may be removed with a turkey baster and a length of clear plastic tubing that will slide into the baster nozzle. In my case I had to enlarge the nozzle opening to fit the tubing I bought. Wrap it with scotch tape to keep the tube in the baster and seal the connection. What remains will quickly evaporate with the door open.
Otherwise I do as Nlovnit does.
I was just going to suggest this. However there might be one more item you can use. Hate to say it sounds gross, but ... Go to the store and buy one of those small suction bulb tube like things that are used on newborn babies to clean their nose out.

Mikey (USN retired, Radioman)
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #17
Already suggested...

Pick up a ball valve or check out the installation as there may already be a shut off valve where the ice maker line is connected.

Assuming you have inverter or that the freezer operates while driving then add a step to your departure cucklist to just turn off the water as you pack up.

By the time you get home the icemaker should have cycled a few times and be empty.

Leave door partially open when stored.

On you startup check list add turing water snd pump on at home and dumping tray on setup at campsite to flush water out of system.
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
I bring a bag of ice and rarely use the ice maker . Then no worries.
Dances with wolves
Linda and Bob.
2015 Allegro33aa.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:42 AM   #19
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I removed mine and installed Rubber Maid Ice Cube Trays.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #20
Buy one of those portable units.<200$ Ice in 10 minutes. I removed unit from my fridge to free up freezer space. No regrets. Besides it fits in one of my storage compartments which makes it very handy while sitting on the patio
2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA OPEN ROAD
2012 Honda CRV AWD toad
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
What do you do when you leave the s&b? Do you then put that icemaker in a storage mode?
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I modified the front of our ice maker and can now dump ice over the top. Leave the little arm up if you don't want it to produce ice. With this setup it will still dispense crushed or whole ice.

If you want some fantastic ice trays check these out.

Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote