Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 AM   #15
I have the external type, a little extra trouble to mount but FAR better protection and looks. Also I enjoy being able to look out, don't get that "IN A BOX" feeling.

pushing buttons....

what ever it takes.....

2006 Itasca Meridian 39K
Scratch & Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
I just purchased a sunscreen from Prompt RV sunscreens just before our last 2 week trip. We went to the western side of the Sierra's so it was real hot. I was amazed at how much cooler the rig stayed in the direct sun light. It also happened that it was the week of the heat wave in west so temps were over 100* much of the time. I was a little skeptical about the suction cups holding the shade firm as I have a front door coach, and adhere the suction cups to the metal 3" frame around the window. It worker great and was easily applied from the ground by one person.

I can't recommend them highly enough for effectiveness and looks. One of our camp sites was a lake view of Shaver lake, so being able to see through them all during the day and enjoy the view was a real plus.

Now if I just didn't get stuck getting to the campground, but thats another story......

Marty and Diane, Fulltiming!

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
We actually just got our sunshades this past weekend. Gordon Brown from RV Sunshade Co. came to our site and installed the shade on the big front window and the two side windows (driver side window and door). It makes such a difference inside the coach. I believe he said his were 98% UV blocker. The inside feels so soft and cozy and we can still see outside. We may need a taller ladder but whatever the cost it is so worth it!!

Mike and Gerri
Happytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #18
Has anyone considered just buying a roll up shade and replacing the fabric on the tupe with sunshade screening from Lowes or Home Depot. They will custom cut the shade to the length would want and you could build a small valance over it to make it look good. A suction cup at the bottom would hold it at the desired height. It's what I am planning to do on the side widows of may Damon MH. I am tired of sitting in a greenhouse while we are driving down the road.
"Where are we going again, Dear?

1997 Damon Challenger
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #19
94 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE

HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Sunguard. I like a tight fit!

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #21
Just like the previous poster, Tom....We also have the Sunguard sunscreens and LOVE them.

We had originally bought the Prompt, but they are a PITA to install and they were NEVER tight against the side windows with the suction cups.

We are much more pleased with the snap on Sunguards....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
We made our own. Had fun doing it too. Used Velcro strips, two pieces of fabric and a couple of aluminum strips for support. Held up great even when it was 110 outside, through dust, wind and rain.

Steve, Wife, 2 Boys, Golden Box of Rocks & Wire Fox Terrorist
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Toys in tow: 2 Polaris Sportsman's & 2 Honda Recon's
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote