Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Super Steer

We are running 100 lbs cold, goes up to 115 or so on the highway. Have not weighed the corners yet, on the to do list. Original shocks are Sachs. Don't know too much about them. Also has anyone used Super Steer? I am looking at that to lessen the roll but am concerned that the ride will get firmer. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstonebay View Post
We are running 100 lbs cold, goes up to 115 or so on the highway. Have not weighed the corners yet, on the to do list. Original shocks are Sachs. Don't know too much about them. Also has anyone used Super Steer? I am looking at that to lessen the roll but am concerned that the ride will get firmer. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
This post was moved by the mod, so it doesn't make a lot of sense. The first part was an answer to another poster. So I guess everything has to be separate, to prevent "hi-jacking" the original post.

So my question here is, Does anyone have any experience with Super Steer?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Man this forum sucks, nobody on it. Newbie here and probably signing off for good. Get accused of hi-jacking by the mod, and then get moved, then no responses. Great forum!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
There are plenty of people here, tonight has been kind of slow. I guess everybody went to bed after the Winnie chat session. I have not used Supersteer but it should not affect your ride, just give you better tracking. If I'm wrong you will see a lot of posts. You can actually wake up a few by having mis-information.
J
Old 03-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Man this forum sucks, nobody on it. Newbie here and probably signing off for good. Get accused of hi-jacking by the mod, and then get moved, then no responses. Great forum!

I disagree completely. This form has a wealth of knowledgeable people who are willing to help fellow campers. Give it a couple days.
I am not sure what your original question was but I have used Super Steer Bell Cranks and springs for my rig and have been very happy with the improved handling. There are somewhat pricey but worth it in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the Safe T Plus steering control, 4 Koni FSD shocks and an ultra trac bell crank installed last October. Have been very happy with them.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
If you're looking to lessen the roll, then try Supersteer Motion Control Units on your air bags. I put them on this weekend (all 4 bags) in less than an hour. Will be testing it out this afternoon now that more snow has melted and I can get out of my driveway.

As for your opinion that 'this forum sucks', you're dead wrong buddy. Plenty of great RV'ers who know their stuff and are willing to take the time to decifer your original question.
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
If you're looking to lessen the roll, then try Supersteer Motion Control Units on your air bags. I put them on this weekend (all 4 bags) in less than an hour. Will be testing it out this afternoon now that more snow has melted and I can get out of my driveway.

As for your opinion that 'this forum sucks', you're dead wrong buddy. Plenty of great RV'ers who know their stuff and are willing to take the time to decifer your original question.
I apologize for the comments about the forum. I was a little frustrated that this got moved and of being accused of highjacking a thread.

I did mean the motion control units, didn't realize that it was being taken as a bell crank. My mistake, again. Please let me know how they work on your unit.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I installed the motion control units, bell crank and Safe T Plus steering stableizer and love the difference it made in my 40dp.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We installed the SS Motion Control Units and it helped eliminate the side to side roll when turning or coming out of a drive. The coach is new to us and even though it only has 7,000 miles on it, we have a suspicion that a front end alignment and wheel balance is needed so it is at the shop for that and some other things. Some posts indicated that it should be aligned loaded as it would be when used, so that is what we did. Joe
Old 03-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
bigstonebay,

Just took the coach out for a test ride. The MCU's work GREAT!!!

First test was out my driveway with NONE of the usual pitch and roll. Drove on curved roads, on the interstate, on potholed parking lots, etc. and saw a real improvement.

Took 2 of my sons for the ride and they agreed. My wife was not home so she will be the ULTIMATE judge...
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
bigstonebay,

Just took the coach out for a test ride. The MCU's work GREAT!!!

First test was out my driveway with NONE of the usual pitch and roll. Drove on curved roads, on the interstate, on potholed parking lots, etc. and saw a real improvement.

Took 2 of my sons for the ride and they agreed. My wife was not home so she will be the ULTIMATE judge...
Thanks for the update. After reading previous forums (that I just learned how to search for)and responses from this one I will be ordering MCU and shocks soon. We still have snow, so hopefully by the time I get them it will be gone. Then all I have to do is crawl around in the water. I am convinced that, because of the knowledge here, that these upgrades will correct my concerns. Again thanks for the help, and sorry for previous comments.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the update. After reading previous forums (that I just learned how to search for)and responses from this one I will be ordering MCU and shocks soon. We still have snow, so hopefully by the time I get them it will be gone. Then all I have to do is crawl around in the water. I am convinced that, because of the knowledge here, that these upgrades will correct my concerns. Again thanks for the help, and sorry for previous comments.
I like to do the easy (and cheap) things first. Why not get that tire air pressure thing fixed? Easy and cheap. If that doesn't satisfy you, have the alignment checked. Then, and only then would I throw big(ger) money at the problem.

BTW, maybe I missed it, but it would help if we knew what motor home the suggestions are for. The motion control thingies are for air bag suspensions which are rare in gassers. On my particular Freightliner chassis, installing them on the rear air lines is a major job but the front is a piece of cake.

Good luck.

JT
RV'nOldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV'nOldTimer View Post
I like to do the easy (and cheap) things first. Why not get that tire air pressure thing fixed? Easy and cheap. If that doesn't satisfy you, have the alignment checked. Then, and only then would I throw big(ger) money at the problem.

BTW, maybe I missed it, but it would help if we knew what motor home the suggestions are for. The motion control thingies are for air bag suspensions which are rare in gassers. On my particular Freightliner chassis, installing them on the rear air lines is a major job but the front is a piece of cake.

Good luck.

JT
06 Newmar Ventana 39' Cat
08 Saturn Vue pushing