Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Survelance Cameras

Hi All,

my 3955 2004 Rexhall Rexair Pusher got broken into at the storage lot. The storage lot has no power or Internet. I installed a solar panel along with new house batteries so I can monitor with a Camera system. I also installed AA battery powered magnet type alarms on all the doors windows and storage hatches.. If one of my doors/hatches/windows are opened a loud alarm will sound and the "live aboard" tenant should scare the thieves off. I also Purchased a couple https://reolink.com/product/reolink-go/ surveillance cameras. I have one for the inside which will have its own 3g/45 card connected to T Mobil cell service for $10 month, this unit will plug into the 12 volt. The second Camera will sit on top of the RV near the rear with its own solar panel so I can monitor and record the side of the RV and the cargo storage doors. These cameras will record to the cloud and onto a micro SD card after the motion sensor is activated. They have night vision and HD. They also have a loud alarm siren and a microphone so I can talk to the thief through the cameras.

My question is: I am trying to come up with a clever way of mounting the outside Camera and its solar panel without drilling holes into the roof or side of the coach. Has anyone installed this system or something similar without drilling holes? any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
IslandLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLove View Post
Hi All,

my 3955 2004 Rexhall Rexair Pusher got broken into at the storage lot. The storage lot has no power or Internet. I installed a solar panel along with new house batteries so I can monitor with a Camera system. I also installed AA battery powered magnet type alarms on all the doors windows and storage hatches.. If one of my doors/hatches/windows are opened a loud alarm will sound and the "live aboard" tenant should scare the thieves off. I also Purchased a couple https://reolink.com/product/reolink-go/ surveillance cameras. I have one for the inside which will have its own 3g/45 card connected to T Mobil cell service for $10 month, this unit will plug into the 12 volt. The second Camera will sit on top of the RV near the rear with its own solar panel so I can monitor and record the side of the RV and the cargo storage doors. These cameras will record to the cloud and onto a micro SD card after the motion sensor is activated. They have night vision and HD. They also have a loud alarm siren and a microphone so I can talk to the thief through the cameras.

My question is: I am trying to come up with a clever way of mounting the outside Camera and its solar panel without drilling holes into the roof or side of the coach. Has anyone installed this system or something similar without drilling holes? any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I use a little WiFi hotspot device, and the wireless blink xt cameras. The blink cameras operate at least a year on just two internal disposable batteries. They are weather proof, and very small.

The WiFi hotspot device I got from
https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...291DLP4-4G-LTE

Paid $19.99 for device and $15 per month for service. The little cameras don’t use much data because they are motion activated.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #3

Put your money into a good insurance policy that will fix what's broke and replace the missing stuff. Having the suspect on camera is nice if he's caught but rarely leads to an arrest.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #4

thanks I'll look into that.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I use a little WiFi hotspot device, and the wireless blink xt cameras. The blink cameras operate at least a year on just two internal disposable batteries. They are weather proof, and very small.

The WiFi hotspot device I got from
https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...291DLP4-4G-LTE

Paid $19.99 for device and $15 per month for service. The little cameras don’t use much data because they are motion activated.

X2 on the Blink Technology. We full time, so we don't need to jump through the hoops of providing an Internet connection when in storage.

We're very happy with the motion activated cameras. Since we only need them when parked, we velcro them to key places around the coach. We have 3 of the cameras on our system, but could add more.

We've saved video when needed, of someone coming up to our door, just in case, and it gives us peace of mind. Our phone or tablets will ding if one of the cameras gets activated, and we can remotely turn on the camera and view the feed live.
Logan Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #6

JT, Velcro is a good idea... I was leaning toward magnets but thinking about Velcro.Easy to remove when underway and easy to put back on when stored.. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #7

I have 5 Wize cameras at home, motion sensing, video upload or continuous on to a SD card. Night vision and talk and listen. $20 a piece and no subscription. It might serve your purpose too. I put one on my dash when I travel to record the accident if it happens.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Put your money into a good insurance policy that will fix what's broke and replace the missing stuff. Having the suspect on camera is nice if he's caught but rarely leads to an arrest.
X2. You will likely spend more money learning what the suspect looks like, than the cost of damage they cause.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera