Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #1

Swaying down the road...

Made the maiden voyage with our brand new 2018 Thor Chateau 24F. It was windy both days of our travels and it was a handful from the wind and big trucks. Who make s the best stabilizer/anti sway devices for a 2018 E350 super duty chassis?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip3370 View Post
Made the maiden voyage with our brand new 2018 Thor Chateau 24F. It was windy both days of our travels and it was a handful from the wind and big trucks. Who make s the best stabilizer/anti sway devices for a 2018 E350 super duty chassis?
RoadMaster and BlueOX. Look for rear tracbars as well, if you are not equiped.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #3

Nothing you spend money on is going to make these issues go away when driving in strong winds and with trucks going by. They may help a bit but you just have to learn to drive in wind.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:33 AM   #4

530ktm is correct, you got to learn how to handle wind. That being said, I had problems with my 33' pusher and added a SuperSteer(blue Ox) stabilizer and that did help a lot, well worth the money.

On windy days we slow down and do a shorter day.
Robby W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:16 AM   #5

Try a Hellwig anti sway bar on the rear.

I ordered mine on Amazon, installed it, and noticed a big difference.

I have been on the road, along I-81, for the last few days in some gusty, wind advisory areas, and although I need to keep correcting the steering, I can easily keep it in my lane, at 60 MPH.

Before the new anti sway bar, that wasn't going to happen.

I have an older, 2000, 30 ft E450. For the few hundred bucks, it helped a lot.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #6

Installing sumo springs,and doing the chf to the chassis that I heard about on the ford chassis forum,my coach is not affected at all by large trucks.Now cross winds like mentioned are something you have to adjust to.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin along View Post
Installing sumo springs,and doing the chf to the chassis that I heard about on the ford chassis forum,my coach is not affected at all by large trucks.Now cross winds like mentioned are something you have to adjust to.
Can't do the CHF to E350 or E450 chassis.

Don't think your doing to get Sumo springs for the front coil springs either.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #8

Skip, good advice on here. BlueOx and Roadmaster make comparable products. For the E350/450 replacing Front and Rear sway bars with heavy-duty, install rear Trac bar, replace stock steering stabilizer with one with a centering spring and get an alignment at a shop that does big trucks and moho work. These will give your rig road manners. Yes, you still get wind effect, but it is much less dramatic. We have 21k miles on a Sunseeker 3010 with this set up. Good luck and Happy Camping.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a look at Hellwig for your sway bars. I think that you will find there is no difference between Roadmaster and Blue Ox except the downlinks and the price. Both appeared to be equally stout with the only difference being the design of the downlinks. What I found doing some research on sway bars was some of Blue Ox's instructions was an exact copy of the Hellwig with the BO logo in place of Hellwig and a lousy copy and paste job too.

Hellwig recommended to do the rear first as that is where the weight is.

I have had good service four times from Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts | SD Truck Springs

As far as trac bars I found about the same thing. ultrarv.com had the best price for me but I do not recall seeing anything for your model, but then I wasn't looking. Plus they are a sponsor here too.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Nothing you spend money on is going to make these issues go away when driving in strong winds and with trucks going by. They may help a bit but you just have to learn to drive in wind.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Can't do the CHF to E350 or E450 chassis.

Don't think your doing to get Sumo springs for the front coil springs either.
Good to know,thanks.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote