Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
OK - if ice cubes work to 'scrape' the sensing elements clean, how about PLASTIC ice cube shaped blocks that will work forever? Won't melt, right?
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #16

Good idea but won't they dump out with everything else? We would have to strain it to keep them.
billr30656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I think they might come out when you dump. I just installed the miracle probes, so far so good, I'll report back in a few months and let you know if there still working. Easy install but not easy getting to the tanks...Bruce
Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by billr30656 View Post
.. We would have to strain it to keep them.
Somehow, straining what comes out of the black tank doesn't sound very appealing. I think I'll stick w/ice cubes.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #19

hey danl
How do you like the koni shocks. I have a rough rider and am considering using them. Are they worth the money. I don't mind the money if they work. Getting tired of the rough ride especially on the concreat roads.
Thanks res
resindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by resindiana View Post
hey danl
How do you like the koni shocks. I have a rough rider and am considering using them. Are they worth the money. I don't mind the money if they work. Getting tired of the rough ride especially on the concreat roads.
Thanks res
ATTN DRIVER: you still have not answered my question about your comment that "dolly towing is considered a triple in some jurisdictions".
and...
maybe you can move the shock part of this to the proper thread.

resindiana:
i don't have much experience with the koni's yet. i am satisfied with them so far.
my choices were between bilstein's or koni's.
my research indicated that bills are firmer all the time while koni has the fsd feature which helps with a better ride and still controls the pitching, bounce, and roll.
my koni's do that well. i got them from shox.com, best price and quick service.
any shock would have been an improvement from my worn out monroes (less than 8k miles). one front had no resistance and the other 3 were jerky.
the bottom line for me was that it is a real pita to change the shocks and i wanted to do it only once. i think the koni's were easier to install than the bills would have been. bills are gas pressurized, koni's are not. i am glad that i went with the koni's, even though they cost more.
i don't know what kind of moho you have but i needed a 1-1/8 socket, 1-1/8 box end, a wrench to break the torque (est 200'#), and an impact wrench to run the self locking nuts off. the bolts are so long that the nuts had to be run about 3/4".
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by waco kid View Post
I think they might come out when you dump. I just installed the miracle probes, so far so good, I'll report back in a few months and let you know if there still working. Easy install but not easy getting to the tanks...Bruce
I have four months and numerous black tank fillings and dumping after installing Horst Miracle Probes, Horst Miracle Probes for Wastewater Tanks in Recreational Vehicles RVs. I have not had a false reading yet.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
OK - plastic ice cubes is a bad idea - I admit it. There's got to be better way to scrape the terminals clean from the inside. I'm trying to develop a sensor that can be removed easily and cleaned & replaced. Haven't given up yet!! Sometime this winter I shall try removing the wires and sending 120VAC into the sensors to burn off the effluent. Hope I don't burn down the rig. Any other ideas?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #23
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbounder View Post
OK - plastic ice cubes is a bad idea - I admit it. There's got to be better way to scrape the terminals clean from the inside. I'm trying to develop a sensor that can be removed easily and cleaned & replaced. Haven't given up yet!! Sometime this winter I shall try removing the wires and sending 120VAC into the sensors to burn off the effluent. Hope I don't burn down the rig. Any other ideas?
Myabe have the fire department standby.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Yeah, I know . . .everybody's got to be a comedian!! But seriously folks - with the Horst system, can you remove and clean the sensors like once every season? Or are they bonded in solid like mine are?? I'm always a bit leery when something comes out as a 'miracle' whatziz.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbounder View Post
Yeah, I know . . .everybody's got to be a comedian!! But seriously folks - with the Horst system, can you remove and clean the sensors like once every season? Or are they bonded in solid like mine are?? I'm always a bit leery when something comes out as a 'miracle' whatziz.
from the video, it looks like the horst probes can be removed as easily as they are installed. for my black tank, i am going to keep using 1 capful of calgon liquid water softener (from wally world) every time i dump it. this works well for me.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
from the video, it looks like the horst probes can be removed as easily as they are installed. for my black tank, i am going to keep using 1 capful of calgon liquid water softener (from wally world) every time i dump it. this works well for me.
We do what Dan L does with good success.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #27

My problem is with the gray tank. Shows 1/3 full even when empty. Can't use the ice idea so do you have any suggestions when it's your gray tank that's the problem?
ronyrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most OEM sensors unclog by themselves over time unless they are defective, and in that case they are likely to not come on at all. Even if you free the thing that is causing the sensor to misread, it may come right back the same day or soon afterwards. Replacing them with something that is more reliable might be the best solution or know that from time-to-time this will happen.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote