Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Nope, the actual edge of the china bowl part is only 1 & 1/2 inches from the wall. The base underneath and inside of the china bowl is a little bit father away but it has all of that stuff hanging off the rear end like the water hose coming from your water supply and another hose going to the china part. The motor and other stuff would probably clear the 2 inches but by the tine you stuff all of the hoses, wires, etc. there isn't too much space left over.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #16

Richard,

A picture may be worth a thousand words and answer my questions once and for all. If possible, would you please take a photo showing the area between the back side of the toilet base (floor level) and the wall the toilet backs up to. Possibly place an extended tape measurer on the floor showing the amount of clerance between the base of the toilet at floor level and the back wall. You can attach the photo and email me at charleshasman@yahoo.com. I really appreciate all of your help!!

Thanks,
Chuck
chkwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Chuck,

I could probably get a photo of the base of the china fixture as to how close it is to the wall. However, to get a photo of the actual base underneath the china bowl, I have to remove the top china part of the toilet. Can't do it as I am working through a list of projects that need to be completed in 6 weeks as we are leaving on May 1st. to head to Alaska and there is way too much to do. If that photo doesn't tell you what you need to know, than I would suggest calling the Dometic Technical staff for possibly a more precise answer.

Give me a couple of days to get the photo posted.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #18

Richard,

A photo of the base would be great when you get the chance. No need to disassemble anything. Appreciate your help!!

Thanks again,

Chuck
Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Chuck,

Sorry for the delay. Some bronchitis and asthma together knocked me out for almost 2 weeks. Just now starting to feel a little better. Hard to function when you can't breathe.

Anyway, I got those photos you requested. One for each side of the china base. I tried to capture some blindly from the side but they were not good. So I took the top cover off and shot down towards the floor and back wall to try and show you how tight is is back there. One shot was taken with the macro setting and the other was taken with the normal setting, therefore one will be sharp down by the floor and the other will be sharp up top. The tape measure photos indicate that I was off about 1/4 inch on my alignment. One side is 2 inches from the wall and the other is 1 & 1/2 inches. Oh well, did it by eye without a tape. Good enough for potty work, Eh!

The motor you see in the top photos is the very back of the mounted base which is not the same as the china base. The china base sits closer to the wall. You can also see the water supply line with its white hand wind connector. That is coming from the very back edge of my wall. That connector is attached to a nipple then a 1 foot water hose to the valve on the base. Then there is another hose going from the output of the valve up to the china bowl distributor.

I hope this helps you. Absolutely love the way this thing operates. Would not own anything else in it's place.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	3613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	3614  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	3615   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	3616  

Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #20

Richard,

Hope you are feeling better and THANKS for the photos!! T

The photos showed me exactly what I needed to know. I have ordered the Magnum Opus toilet for my RV. I can clearly see that I have the room behind the toilet to accomodate the drain line that runs along the base of the wall behind the toilet. Now I need to run the 12V power lines and get some plumbing connectors and I'll be ready for installation.

Thanks again for all of your help. You are a great resource and were so kind to answer all of my questions!!

Chuck