Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #43

Our city imposed a ban three years agothat made it a misdemeanor to "posess" fireworks of ANY KIND within city limits. Not actually let them off, but just to have them The fines run from $150 on up.

July 4th and New Years Eve are much more pleasant than they used to be. We don't have to lock the pets away any more. Quite a few of our neighbors used to leave town over the Fourth and go places which had a ban.

We have a professional display out on Fidalgo Bay on the Fourth, paid for by donatiions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
What IS the "proper kind"?
I hope it is what your mother/father and grandparents provided you. Right from wrong and the consequences of not doing the right thing.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino78 View Post
You are missing my point....the majority of people do follow laws. Can you imagine what the country would be like had drinking and driving not been illegal.
No I didn't, but you missed mine:
No number/amount of laws will make a person follow them if they don't want to. A person will break the law no matter how many are made. That's why passing more laws makes little sense.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
No number/amount of laws will make a person follow them if they don't want to. A person will break the law no matter how many are made. That's why passing more laws makes little sense.
Because there will always be people who break laws... we shouldn't have laws?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
I hope it is what your mother/father and grandparents provided you. Right from wrong and the consequences of not doing the right thing.
And once we get too old for a spanking, what ARE the consequences of not doing the right thing if no laws are broken? I too would love to believe that proper parenting is wide spread and produces productive teens and adults who all fit well in our society but that's not been my observations in the world in which I live.

Karma takes too long to even things out IMHO.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #48

Barbaram, I can read between the lines.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaram View Post
In our small town, citizens are allowed to set off their fireworks the evening of the Fourth in our park. Sadly the morning of July 5th left our park in disaray. City ordinances won't allow RV's in our park because they are afraid they will leave trash but our park looked like a war zone after "citizens" used it for fireworks.
So, because they make a mess they should be banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
Our city imposed a ban three years agothat made it a misdemeanor to "posess" fireworks of ANY KIND within city limits. Not actually let them off, but just to have them The fines run from $150 on up.

July 4th and New Years Eve are much more pleasant than they used to be. We don't have to lock the pets away any more. Quite a few of our neighbors used to leave town over the Fourth and go places which had a ban.

We have a professional display out on Fidalgo Bay on the Fourth, paid for by donatiions.
Now thus cracks me up! "I dont like them and they scare my dogs, so BAN THEM!"

Wow...
Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Barbaram, I can read between the lines.
Amazing, isn't it???
Old 07-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #51

And, it is only going to get worse!

Old 07-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
God Bless America....where we all can STILL believe what we want and voice our opinion publicly...I for one will never take it for granted....this site is the best!

Martino78 - please accept a cerveza on me, I most certainly did not mean to dogpile...cheers.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino78

You guys crack me up!
Living in AZ it is bone dry. When u make something illegal (like fireworks) you can hold these jackasses accountable for there stupid ILLEGAL actions. It is a safety issue.
So just skip the fireworks and make the igniters illegal. No igniters no fire.
Those same people could start a fire with say matches or a lighter, some gasoline, starter fluid, hair spray........
Old 07-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #54

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As someone said, there will always be lawbreakers,, I'm kind of glad of that because crime really does pay.. Me, (Among thousands of others) every month, I'm a retired police dispatcher and if not for crime, what need have we of police dispatchers (or police)?

However, that said, It is way easier to hold someone convicted of a crime responsible for the damage they cause with their reckless violation of the law, than it is when there is no specific law violated and you have to rely only on liability laws.

Plus there are many who WILL not be injured in fireworks accidents because of a law baning them.. As Michigan just proved, with a 300 percent increase in injuries per one other poster here, the very first year that fireworks were made legal.

Me, I Pass a fireworks store often in the winter time.. And I'm going to keep right on passing it too.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRVMan
God Bless America....where we all can STILL believe what we want and voice our opinion publicly...I for one will never take it for granted....this site is the best!

Martino78 - please accept a cerveza on me, I most certainly did not mean to dogpile...cheers.
No problem, a good discussion is what makes this country great! If we were in Iran or North Korea the site moderators would hunt us down and slice our hands off!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Without laws, who is to determine to what extent of "accountability" one has for their own actions?
Rick
Look at it another way. Let's say they pass a law outlawing bottle rockets. What's the penalty for setting off a bottle Rocket? $10? $20. This doesn't help the time when that fired off bottle rocket burns down a barn. The individual is still liable for the barn burning just as if he set it on fire with a match or cigarette. The fact that the bottle rocket was illegal is insignificant.

Just because what you are doing is LEGAL does not eliminate your liability in the event that you do harm. If it was legal to drink and drive and you ran over a child you would still be liable.

It's legal to own a baseball bat but illegal to bash your ex in the head with it.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
Closed Thread