Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #1

Coastal Campers
Thetford Black Streak & Bug Remover

Hello All,

I was trying to get the black streaks off my 2015 Itasca Class C and decided to use Theford product. It worked, but it also removed the clear coat in certain spots. Now the finish looks terrible. I tried waxing it and it looks a little better but still does not look like it did. I then took it into Camping World to get a "professional" wax it came out great in the spots that were not already damaged but still no help..

Has anyone else has this issue? Is there a fix?

Help this really gets me upset!!!!
Jug100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2018, 12:39 AM   #2

Beware of thetford products for exterior cleaning

I've only known Thetford to produce cleaners for bathroom tiles, sinks, and toilets. So, I'm glad you brought this out about Thetford's Black Streak and Bug Remover damaging the clear coat on your coach. I'm very sorry to have to tell you the only "repair" path you have is to have a body shop repaint the clear coat. One I used spot coated a truck for me and did not have to strip it first but I had never waxed it. However, they won't be able to re-coat it with any wax on it at all , especially if the wax packed in under the edges bordering the good and the bad. Consult a body shop before you do anything else. Thetford should have a caution on the label of their product for users to test it in a small area first before blanketing the vehicle. Others of us who look for fast and easy streak and bug remover should learn from this most unfortunate experience. Thank you for posting. Good Luck!
bigfeather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford