Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Thetfort Tecma Toilet Nightmare

Hi I'm Doug and thanks in advance for your support. I have a 2011 Monaco Knight with Tecma Silence toilet. The water comes in correctly and to the correct level. The problem is with the flushing. Intermittently after trying to flush the water fills bowl to correct level and the motor sounds like it's working, but alas NO water goes down or maybe just an ounce or two. Sometimes it works correctly for a week and you just never know when it's going to go haywire. Sometimes it last a 2-3 days and then works again.

What a nightmare!
Any suggestions?

DougPavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.

Suggest you pull it and check for something that can sometimes restrict flow in the drain.

Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:37 AM   #3
I have a 2005 Pace Arrow with a Thedford Tecma Silence Plus, and the only things that come to mind is the level sensor in the black water tank may be malfunctioning or perhaps the wrong type of toilet paper was used. This black water level sensor is supposed to stop the toilet from flushing when the level is too high in the black water tank so things won't overflow. Does this happen when you tanks are nearly full? Some toilet papers are too thick for the plastic impeller to chew up when flushing, so it's a good idea to use the RV paper, or test the product by putting a few sheets in a jar of water and shaking it after a couple of seconds. If the paper disintegrates then it's OK. If not use another paper.
I don't know if either of these conditions pertain to you, but I'll watch with interest for any other replies to this discussion, in case that it happens to me.

Oh I guess as a last resort, you could always call Thedford and see if they have a suggestion.
In any case, good luck!
2005 Pace Arrow 36D, UltraPower,
Blue-Ox TigerTrak Front & Back, Koni FSDs,
Safe-T-Plus, Magnum Wires, Scan Gauge II
EasyPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Give some thought to not putting TP in the toilet (use a small trash can) for a couple of weeks combined with filling the tank with water and a dose of water softener every 2 - 3 days to give it a good cleaning/flush. If you have a tank flush adaptor certainly also flush for a long period while draining the tank.
2015 Itasca Ellipse | 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Lv2Roam2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by EasyPace View Post
...Oh I guess as a last resort, you could always call Thedford and see if they have a suggestion...
Good advice, they are very helpful.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is online now   Reply With Quote

ecm, toilet

« Tires | Skid Wheels »