Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post

I gotta ask what gives with that?
Same here, nothing says quality like a plastic shower curtain. I personally could do without the oven and outside shower.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
I gotta ask what gives with that?
Sure! ... I'm 6'4" and prefer a ceiling mounted track with a shower curtain. Shower is easier to clean, machine wash the curtain/liner or trash it, and no more slamming my noggin' on the ridiculously low shower door upper bar
Old 01-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Same here, nothing says quality like a plastic shower curtain. I personally could do without the oven and outside shower.
If you want to "glamp" you can spring for a fabric curtain
Old 01-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post

Sure! ... I'm 6'4" and prefer a ceiling mounted track with a shower curtain. Shower is easier to clean, machine wash the curtain/liner or trash it, and no more slamming my noggin' on the ridiculously low shower door upper bar
I read you loud and clear with that and I am just 5'9".
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great Thread!

Only thing I can think of that we have never used is the stereo in the dash. We have a home surround sound system if we want to listen to music.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #48

Quote:
Makes sense, I am 6'1" I always try to find doors that clear my head. My current one does but it would smack you squarely in the noggin.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #49

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outside shower. I unscrewed the shower head and bought adapters and one-way valve and connected it to the black tank rinser. now I just turn on the "shower" while dumping the black tank.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Rope ladder under bed in case of emergency exit out of the tall window from the ground.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #51

Quote:
In a new RV, you probably can't eliminate all of the things you don't need/want. But, if I could "unlike" some stuff it would be: 1) front TV (and any TVs totaling more than 2). 2) oven. 3) washer/dryer. 4) carpet. 5) any form of sound distribution and switching. 6) salesman switches. 7) any form of glass shower enclosure. 8) any form of ceiling garnish that isn't white. 9) excess mirrors in weird places. 10) reefers that catch fire. 11) extremely dark woodwork. 12) excess couches. 13) built-in vacuum system (because there is no carpet #4 above). 14) any bed that isn't the equivalent of home (in my case a full length King size). 15) any fabric that isn't neutral (sooner or later you will hate what is now trendy). 16) outside graphics with an excessive number of colors. 17) any toilets that aren't chair height (about 17" ... your older knees will thank you). And things you probably want: 1) best EMS/Surge protection available. 2) a big pure sine wave inverter. 3) a paddle/ceiling fan in the bedroom.
best post in this whole thread
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playtime III View Post
Outside shower. I unscrewed the shower head and bought adapters and one-way valve and connected it to the black tank rinser. now I just turn on the "shower" while dumping the black tank.
Even Betta !!!!!!!!!!!

the shower hose and head came off when I first get any rv home !

My next mod - thanks !
Old 01-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Even Betta !!!!!!!!!!!

the shower hose and head came off when I first get any rv home !

My next mod - thanks !
I really like that idea too !!!

We actually use the outside shower pretty frequently (we beach camp a lot so it's great to rinse off sand before coming into the mh) but I use the black tank flush even more often ! I really like the idea of not having to connect a hose to it all the time.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playtime III View Post
That what I'm talking about!! That a great idea. Maybe not as much pressure but using it every time be great. Thanks

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #55

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Welcome. If your sensor is not reading correctly, use only hot water on the "shower" it should clear the sensor. Also allows you to winterize the rinser lines with pink.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #56

You folks may call me redneck, but here are some of my hints

1. Keep a small ice chest for laundry. When driving in the MH, movement agitates the clothes. Replace the soapy water with clean water after a couple of hours. Replace the rinse water again. Hang clothes to dry when you get to camp. When you're out with theTOAD, put the ice chest in the trunk. See item 3 below for drying your laundry with the TOAD.

2. If you like TV dinners and frozen entrees (pot roast, pork roast, barbecue, etc. in plastic tubs), use your TOAD's engine compartment as a slow cooker. Stop first thing at the supermarket and put them in a secure place under the hood where they can't roll off. Make sure they don't get on the exhaust manifold. When you get back to camp, supper is ready.

3. Have wet towels, garments, or shoes while out with the TOAD? Put them under the hood on top of the engine. They will be dry in less than 30 minutes. This also works for wet sleeping bags.

Not offended by redneck comments.