RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

Tips on selling my motorhome

Were thinking about selling our coach. We love RVing, but the cost and time just no longer seem justified for us.

I think we have a real sellable MH. So once I establish the correct selling price Ill advertise it. We have reservations thru next year and there is no big rush.

Once I find a buyer, what are the pitfalls? When I sold my trailer, I only had $10k at risk. But whats the risk of a $200k private sale? Im sure there are lots of scams. Probably a lot of buyers will have to get loans. Id appreciate people sharing their experiences.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #2

Contact pplmotorhomes.com in Houston,Tx they are the number one consignment dealer in the country. I as well as several of my friends have used them to sell our RV's. we all have been very happy with the experience as well as the price we received for our RV.

danny285 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #3

If you choose to sell it yourself, watch our for the scammers that will pick your add and try to convince you to let them sell it. They have a very polished pitch so be careful.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #4

See other posts w tips... eg
Best Place to Sell 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH

I'd say NO CHECKS bank cashier or otherwise unless buyer & seller can go to buyers bank and cash it.
I have done several bank wire transfer both buying and selling and believe they are the most secure way to transfer $.

You will get calls from others advertising or wanting to do a commission sale... I dud and just said NO Thanks but didn't stop them from calling.
You may also get scammers... learn to spot their usual characteristics and ir will avoid frustrations... misspelling, offering to buy w/o even looking at it, willing to pay more to hold it and ship it...
When I got email contacts and there was continued interest I usuall asked for a phone # and called them or asked them to call me... you can frequently learn something by talking live.
If serious interest I want full name & address to see if they are real... and I will confirm w internet search.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We recently sold ours (Isata3) after two days of advertising in RVtrader. Took a check from the financial institution (full amount of sale) with no problem (USAA finance). Do be careful of scams.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Were thinking about selling our coach. We love RVing, but the cost and time just no longer seem justified for us.

I think we have a real sellable MH. So once I establish the correct selling price Ill advertise it. We have reservations thru next year and there is no big rush.

Once I find a buyer, what are the pitfalls? When I sold my trailer, I only had $10k at risk. But whats the risk of a $200k private sale? Im sure there are lots of scams. Probably a lot of buyers will have to get loans. Id appreciate people sharing their experiences.
Sorry to hear that you may be leaving the RV'ing community!

Yes, you will probably get a lot of scam calls, especially if you advertise on Craigslist! I would specify in all ads that you can only accept a direct transfer of funds between their bank and yours, NO EXCEPTIONS! Nothing else is totally safe!

Don't let anyone drive it unless you go with them, and are convinced that they are capable!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

And, don't go on a test drive alone. More than one never came back.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:33 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I heard (don't know first hand) that NIRVC will handle the sale for you. You bring the "buyer" and they will do all the paperwork, etc. ... so that you don't have to worry about it. They charge $500.

Tags
motorhome, sell