Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #15

The equal and dyna beads come with o rings that go over the valve stem. That may tell you if there is any powder in there.

The reason you do not need to balance the rear tires, is there much more weight from all the stuff hanging off the back. The weight makes the rotation much more round. But i would rather have them balanced to start with.

I had a hard time getting the shimmy out of my used MH. I had them balanced, rotated, and then finally the equal removed, then spin balance with lead.

Eagle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
I have equal in all my tires and have no balance issues. I think that is asking for trouble to not have the duals balanced.

K & G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All four of my coach tires (super singles on the rear) are balanced with Equal. Couldn't ask for a smoother ride.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No Equal, Splenda or Sweet n' Low in any of my tires....super smooth ride just the same.

Sorry, just couldn't resist...
2005 Fleetwood Providence 39J
CAT C7 350, MP-8 Programmer

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
I had equal and my tire bounced like crazy. I put koni fsd shocks on and balanced the front tires with lead. I still had a shimmy. I found a really good truck tire place and the remove the equal, reseated the tires and balanced with lead. finally, I have a smooth ride.

They told the reason you don't need to balance the rear, is because of all the wieght. The heavy load will round out any high spots in the tire. Remember we have a lot hanging off the back and lots of house hold appliances and lots sh.....t, shuff.
Eagle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
I installed CentraMatic wheel balancers on my Freightliner MDT. The tires still looked great after 38,000 miles with no abnormal wear signs and the ride was always smooth. I transfered them to my coach when we traded-in our 5'er for the motorhome (same size wheels and still F/L chassis). Have not been disappointed with their performance. IF interested you can get more info from their website at www.centramatic.com (I do NOT have any interest in them other than I use them). Just my $.02

MarineChief is offline   Reply With Quote