Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
For once procrastination has paid off! I just purchased a tire pressure monitoring system from "Tire-Safe Guard Tire Pressure Monitor". I like this system better than the Doran system mainly because of the flow thru pressure monitors. For a 6 wheel RV and a 4 wheel toad, the regualar price was $840. I called yesterday and found that they are having a holiday sale, and the system is now $500!

Hereis the link to the site if anyone is interested. I should get the unit in a few days.

Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
For once procrastination has paid off! I just purchased a tire pressure monitoring system from "Tire-Safe Guard Tire Pressure Monitor". I like this system better than the Doran system mainly because of the flow thru pressure monitors. For a 6 wheel RV and a 4 wheel toad, the regualar price was $840. I called yesterday and found that they are having a holiday sale, and the system is now $500!

Hereis the link to the site if anyone is interested. I should get the unit in a few days.

Sarge
Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #3

Looks like a pretty good alternative to the PressurePro that I have, but I don't like having to break down the toad tires to install the sensors.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Yeah, but for my purposes the internal sensors on my Jeep Wrangler are a much better idea. I use the Jeep to 4 wheel off road when I get the chance. Im not a rock crawler, but spaces do get tight at times. The inside sensor would have a much better chance of survival and not get knocked off.

I will most likely take it to my local tire shop and have them installed. That way they can balance the tires for me.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That is a great deal but it states on their web site that they cannot be used on aluminum wheels which appears to mean the vast majority of Class A MH's cannot use the system since they have Alcoa or Accuride aluminum wheels. Too bad.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #6

I believe you will find that they offer both in wheel and on stem sensors, and the on stem sensors allow you to check/fill the air without removing the sensors.

I have no idea what wheels my coach has, but they have the internal (strapped around the center) internal sensors.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have an email into them asking them to clarify the aluminum statement. I can't see how on stem sensors are impacted by aluminum wheels. They may be saying that the in-wheel sensors cannot be used but I don't understand that either unless it has something to do with the temp sensing lag which may be different between steel and aluminum.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
You are right Mark and I had to clarify that issue myself, as I have Alcoa aluminum wheels on my rig. The reason that that is on there is because many of the holes in the rim on the aluminum wheels are too small to fit the sensor in the hole. At least on my rig the sensors will fit easily on the rear wheels as there is long valve stems that extend into the rim area on the wheel. On the fronts the larger sensors won't fit, so there is a smaller cap type sensor to use on the front wheels.

I talked to Tim at TriKor when I ordered mine. He supplied the smaller cap style sensors for my front wheels all at the same $500 price.

Call him, he is pretty easy to work with.

Sarge
Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Sarge, that makes sense. Good to hear there is a workaround and too good of a deal to pass up.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 12-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree, this is one mod that I have been wanting to do for a while. I was just not sure which way I wanted to go system wise. I liked some of the features on the Tire-Safe Guard system, but I was hoping for a sale....
Old 12-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sarge,
I emailed Tim and he offered the alternate sensors for my front wheel so my wife will contact him to order the monitor and sensors. Christmas present

Tim is sending me the dimensions for the flow-through sensors so I can make sure they will work for the rears which I think they will. My valve stems stick out about 3/8" from the face of the rim and my wheels are Accuride which have oval holes and I just might luck out and the flow-through sensors might work.
Thanks for bringing the sale to my attention and answering my questions.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 12-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #12

SargeW,

Did they tell you if the batteries in the senders are replaceable? From the docs on the Web site it doesn't look like they are.
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mahlon,
I don't think they are replaceable. I talked to someone at PressurePro a while back and they said the reasoning was the sensors are in a very hostile environment from a sealing perspective. Water vapor would likely seep in. I bet the Tire-Safeguard folks have applied the same logic.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Mahlon, I thought that I read somewhere once that they are replaceable, but now I cant remember. I will have to research it and report back.