Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had the same concern as Pete (PHAYS) has. Sometime ago I contacted TST and suggested that the sensors have four flats machined on to the base where the supplied installation tool fits (they come with only two flats). It would give us much more freedom of movement and repositioning with the supplied tool. I was told that they would have their engineering folks look in to it.

I also realize this is a truck system designed for a no fancy wheel cover installation with no particular interference concerns. It would add an additional manufacturing machining operation and that equates to more cost. As the popularity and exposure of this system increases for the RV industry and our love for bright, shiny wheels it could make economic sense for TST.

Why don't you guys/gals fire off an Email to TST if this could help your install/un-install operation--- It certainly wouldn't hurt--- remember the old addage "the squeeky wheel gets the grease"

www.tsttruck.com

Click on "contact us" and tell 'em to machine four flats on each sensor--- Lets put some "heat" 'em --

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #16

TST Battery Life

Yes, TST quotes a 5-7 year battery life. However, remember that this system was initially brought on-line to be marketed to the over-the-road trucker. Considering that they are virtually on the road full time, 5-7 years isn't bad. For the most part we RVers are only on the road part time.

Thus, anytime we know we are going to be parked for an extended period of time it behooves us to remove the sensors which will absolutely extend battery life.

For example we winter in the same spot in AZ every winter and I do not need to have my system in a ready to go state. Shortly after arrival in AZ I remove the sensors.

Tip: I use a cardboard egg carton for a dozen and a 1/2 eggs. I have written the sensor serial numbers on 3/4" squares of paper and white glued them into the bottom of the egg carton in a pattern to replicate my 10 wheel system, i.e with the lid open and the long front edge of the carton facing me, the front 2 wheels of MH are the #2 and #3 positions on the back row---middle row is void all the way across, the rear dual wheels on the MH go into #1,#2,#3,#4 slots on the front row.I tow a 20' enclosed trailer with 2 axles and the front wheels of the trailer are in slots #5 and #6 of the back row and the rear wheels are in the same slots on the front row. I glued ping-pong balls in all of the void slots so the sensors do not have a place to go other than their home slot

This makes the reinstallation a snap ! Using this method I also do not have to worry if the sensor serial numbers wear off as they are in either a stored mode or in use mode in the exact same sequence time after time, regards, Ken Roberts, TST Distributor.....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #17

Ken has a good idea for storing his sensors. What I came up with is putting a dot of one color paint on the four that goes on the toad and a different color for the four the goes on the back wheels of the coach the other two with no paint go on the front of the coach and I keep every-thing in the box that they came in.
Good Luck

2007 Winnnebago Adventurer 38T
Want-a-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Me I used a paint pen and put the positions and ID # on it.

Word of warning... Although the valve stems are metal most of them are BRASS and the will break. I just had do just that. When I replace the tires I will try to get STEEL valve stems.