Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 AM   #15
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
How long do the batteries in the remote sensors usually last?
How are they replaced and what is the cost?
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I have heard of claims from a year to three or more years. The pressure pro system are not owner serviceable and must be sent back for replacement. Not sure how much it costs though. I think times six or 10 sensors was a littly pricey.
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #17

I spoke with Duane at L+S ssafety systems about the PressurePro. Very informative (and talkative). He says he's been selling them for 5 years and hasn't had any battery replacements yet. The cost for a replacement is $35/sensor instead of $50. It adds up to alot, but it seems that you may get more than 5 years.
I am now leaning toward purchasing the PressurePro for a couple of reasons. The sensors are much smaller and all external (even on toad). The sensors for the Tikor seem to go inside the tires (replacing the valve stem) of the toad. The PressurePro receiver and display are one small unit. The Trikor has a separate receiver wired to the display. The initial cost of the PressurePro with 10 sensors is $690, the Trikor is over $1,000. It seems like alot of people are using the PressurePro and are satisfied.
If anyone had an update on sensor battery life, please advise.
Thanks
Gary Goldman
2007 Revolution 40E
2007 Honda CRV
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

I've had my Pressure Pro system for 3.5 years and no battery problems yet.

I did have to buy a repeater when we moved up to a 40 foot coach, though. Without it I was losing contact with some of the rearward sensors (coach rear axle and toad) some of the time. Since adding the repeater my readings are solid.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #19

I run 12 sensors on my Pressure Pro system. The cost of the system has saved me tires, wheels and frustration. Pat & Mike are great dealers to work with. Pressureprosystem.com

Trailersaver hitch, custom bed
Crazybanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryG:
I spoke with Duane at L+S ssafety systems about the PressurePro. Very informative (and talkative). He says he's been selling them for 5 years and hasn't had any battery replacements yet. The cost for a replacement is $35/sensor instead of $50. It adds up to alot, but it seems that you may get more than 5 years.
I am now leaning toward purchasing the PressurePro for a couple of reasons. The sensors are much smaller and all external (even on toad). The sensors for the Tikor seem to go inside the tires (replacing the valve stem) of the toad. The PressurePro receiver and display are one small unit. The Trikor has a separate receiver wired to the display. The initial cost of the PressurePro with 10 sensors is $690, the Trikor is over $1,000. It seems like alot of people are using the PressurePro and are satisfied.
If anyone had an update on sensor battery life, please advise.
Thanks
Gary Goldman
2007 Revolution 40E
2007 Honda CRV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary,

We have owned a PressurePro system for over 4 years and were among the first "Beta Testers" for the system. We have had NO indication that the batteries are getting weak. We are dealers for PressurePro and the last we heard, the cost of the replacement Sensors is $25.

Pat

850-294-0281
Tetoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #21

If you over tighten the sensor it will get a "kink" in the gasket inside the sensor. These gaskets can be replaced. www.advantagepressurepro.com. this is the company that mfg. the product. they will send you some new gaskets. The batteries have to be replace at the mfg. the sensors are on a FM frequency and control by the FCC. they replace the sensor battery and check the frequency for 25.00. the battery life is 3 to 5 yrs. and longer.
dpjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #22
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I have been using tire sentrys fro 7 years (2 different coaches) and only had to replace the batteries once (preventative). They are easy to remove and replace. You can change your own batteries. I remove them twice a year to check their function. I ordered extra o rings as occasionaly you will loose one as it sticks on the stem when you unscrew the sensor. You can order extra batteries from the company at a very low cost.
They saved my but once when I had a left rear toad tire going down.
http://www.tiresentry.com/
I hope this helps.