Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #1

I apologize is this has been covered but I want to buy a tire pressure monitoring system that will cover the coach and toad. I want the valve stem type.

What are you folks using and why?

Mercedes MBE 926
Eddie Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #2

I apologize is this has been covered but I want to buy a tire pressure monitoring system that will cover the coach and toad. I want the valve stem type.

What are you folks using and why?

Mercedes MBE 926
Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought the Tire-Safe Guard system. It monitors all of the tires on the RV and Toad. I chose it because it has "flow thru" sensors that allow me to add air without removing the sensors.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
If you mean the ones you have to look at the tire stem to check your pressure, I would save your money and buy a good pressure gauge...I would also reco. that you look into the ones that can be monitored inside while driving..such as Pressure Pro or the like..

2005 Dolphin
Gdlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I've just installed the new Doran RV360 and love it. It's a big load off my mind to be able to monitor the tires from the driver's seat.

I had hoped to get away without buying the signal repeater but I've been getting a few "lost sensor" errors which means that the unit loses contact temporarily with one of the sensors on the valve stems. I'm going to purchase the repeater and I think that should solve the problem.

Good Luck.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #6

I have been using the Pressure Pro system for about 5 years now with no complaints. The company is very good to work with. This system has saved me many problem by alerting me well in advance of pending problems. I would definity buy the Pressure Pro system again.

2004 Adventurer 38R
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Doran Pressure Pro system. If you are longer than 38' I would suggest the repeater to ensure a good signal from the toad.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I chose the Tire-Safe Guard because of the flow thru stems as well. Not having to remove a sensor to add air to a tire is a huge benefit. It is the on and off motion that wears the gaskets that seal the senders from leaking.

My system also came with all the necessary antenna and recievers to monitor the toad without buying additional parts.

Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #9

Eddie,
I use the system from http://www.tsttruck.com/ it is half the price of the Doran or Pressure Pro system and monitors both tire pressure and tire temperature. I have been using it for almost a year now and it has been very reliable and accurate.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
CQ

Just curious if anyone has used these or not? Bought a set for my pickup and it's a handy thing to glance and see it it's been tripped or not. Can always easily verify it's working by removing it and letting it trip. http://www.accu-pressure.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.cgi?ca...3759133.56035&pid=16

Thought about getting a set for the R.V. , but haven't read any good of bad reviews about them yet.

Of course it doesn't replace my gauge, but it's a nice cheap way to check all tires between gauge checks.

Edit: and I say cheap because the 4 I bought for the pickup were at wally world for $6 for the set. $10 Each might not be so cheap, but I would imagine they are a better grade than what I bought.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #11

Not sure if it was the same brand, but I had a set of the same type. Threw them in the trash after having 2 flat tires. I doubt that any of the plastic ones will really hold up under the high pressure on MH tires.
I'm currently saving my money up for a set of Pressure Pros by Dorian.
Jerry
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #12

I've been using the Advantage Pressure-Pro for over three years. The reason I bought it was it was the only stem mounted unit available at that time. I'm happy with it and will continue to use it.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buck62:
Eddie,
I use the system from http://www.tsttruck.com/ it is half the price of the Doran or Pressure Pro system and monitors both tire pressure and tire temperature. I have been using it for almost a year now and it has been very reliable and accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had this system on my rig for almost 8 months and find it to be easy to use and accurate, plus much less in cost than the other comparable systems.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #14

Who makes this system?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by weighit:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buck62:
Eddie,
I use the system from http://www.tsttruck.com/ it is half the price of the Doran or Pressure Pro system and monitors both tire pressure and tire temperature. I have been using it for almost a year now and it has been very reliable and accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had this system on my rig for almost 8 months and find it to be easy to use and accurate, plus much less in cost than the other comparable systems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mercedes MBE 926