Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #1

Am interested in getting either Pressure Pro, Tire Sentry or Tire Safeguard. Comments welcome. Specifically want to know which systems monitor while parked. Have read an old post on here that said that Pressure Pro does not monitor while parked, but read a later post on another forum that said it did monitor while parked. Which is right? What about the other two systems? I want to be able to get real time check of the tires before I roll in the am.
Thanks
Cramalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #2

Am interested in getting either Pressure Pro, Tire Sentry or Tire Safeguard. Comments welcome. Specifically want to know which systems monitor while parked. Have read an old post on here that said that Pressure Pro does not monitor while parked, but read a later post on another forum that said it did monitor while parked. Which is right? What about the other two systems? I want to be able to get real time check of the tires before I roll in the am.
Thanks
Cramalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The pressure pro DOES monitor while parked. I have that system and am happy with it.
Do some more searching here and you will find quite a few posts on the subject.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tire Sentry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder what the pricing is on the "Tire Sentry" and "Tire Safeguard"? I was able to find pricing on the Pressure Pro but not the other two. The "Tire Safeguard" has both internal or external mounted sensors and also gives the tire temperature so I am guessing it is a higher dollar system than the other two.

Glenn
Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #5

I really like my Pressure Pro..it seems very accurate comparing the readings to my digital pressure gauge and I never have any communication problems using the repeater
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #6

I am also looking at buying a tire pressure system. I checked on the Pressure Pro, what concerns me on their site they said the battery life for the tire monitors is 3-4 years. Very expensive moniters to replace just for 3-4 years. I e-mailed the company but have not received an answer back. I would also like to hear from owners on any good tire monitors.

Larry

2006 Liberty Toad
Onthroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Here
is one I am looking at. The fill valves are fill through so no removing them if the tire needs air, the batteries are replaceable by the owner, and the price is reasonable. I have been waiting because in an updated unit the receiver and the monitor screen will be one unit. Then I will be hooking it up.

Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #8

Thanks Sarge,
When will they have it all in one unit? Looks like with my hub caps I would have to have valve stem extenders, I can hardly get my fingers on the caps as it is.

Larry

2006 Liberty Toad
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 AM   #9

That system is REALLY expensive compared to Pressure Pro...I got 12 sensors, plus repeater for under $800, plus I wonder about wheel balance. The rv senders seem alot heavier than PP...I dont think temperature is what you need to worry about...the immediate notification of a 12% loss of pressure is enough...temp and pressure follow each other, unless your tire goes down, then the pressure sensor will let you know
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:38 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I have to disagree. With the requirement of having to send the PP senders back to the manufacfurer for battery replacement, along with having to remove and reinstall them every time you need 5 pounds of air makes them not a good choice.

I have monitored many posts on the subject where people have developed leaks at the sender caused by repeated removal and reinstall of the senders. This has been the cause of many false alarms while traveling.

For my money the Trikor system makes a lot more sense.
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #11

Excellent points, IMO.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Onthroad:
I am also looking at buying a tire pressure system. I checked on the Pressure Pro, what concerns me on their site they said the battery life for the tire monitors is 3-4 years. Very expensive moniters to replace just for 3-4 years. I e-mailed the company but have not received an answer back. I would also like to hear from owners on any good tire monitors.

Larry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the PressurePro system and the sensors can be sent back to have the batteries replaced for $20 each as I recall.

Because you can replace the batteries yourself, I considered the pressure monitor where the sensor mounts inside the tire but to have all ten tires removed, un-mounted, remounted, and replaced to change the batteries will cost quite a bit also.
I don't know what that would cost but at ten dollars a tire that would equal the cost of swapping the sensors.

The lug nuts on the W 20 and up series Workhorse chassis require 475 ft pounds of torque and at this point I don't have the torque multiplier I need to do the job myself.
Plus I don't think I want to expend the time and effort necessary to do the job anyway so I went with PressurePro.

The batteries are expected to last three to five years, so the cost is $40 to $67 per year which I consider okay for the peace of mind I gain. I just consider it a form of insurance.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #13

The Tire Sentry systems use ordinary batterys that can be bought at drug stores, etc. for about $3.00 each. Their website is www.tiresentry.com.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #14

Any other owners with the Tire Sentry System, and figures on the cost of the system. I do like the small size!

Larry

2006 Liberty Toad