Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
I have the TST sensors on my motor home and think they are OK. I had them about 6 months when one quit working. The TST people were helpful and replaced 1 sensor with a card containing 2. I had a second sensor stop transmitting a few months later. I didn't have time to replace it (on the inner wheel) before a trip and lost a tire. I don't know if a working sensor would have saved it. Did about $4000 damage to the motor home. On the positive side, the sensor started working after the blow out, still works. I don't think the temperature sensors are particularly usefull. The ones on the sunny side read a lot higher than the ones in the shade. Since they are external to the tire I don't think they truly represent the tire temperature. I purchased an IR pointing sensor and will check it sometime. Forgot to take the sensor on my last trip.

An aside to this. I thought they were reading about 5 psi higher than was actual. Until I tested my favorite gauge type pressure gauge against another pressure gauge. The TST sensors were correct and my $15 gauge was off.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just received my Hawkshead products yesterday. I will let you know how the install goes.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #45

I have had the Pressure Pro system for 5 years. Most of the sensors are still working on the original batteries. But I am vigilant on taking the sensors off when parked for long periods of time ( a week or more ).

The monitor is now on its last leg as I lost the front tire position. I cannot program it back in for love or money and it wont recognize any sensor. I will need to be buying a new system with all new sensors soon as this system has outlived itself.

I am leaning very hard towards the TST.

I will say that it saved me a ton of cash as I had a rock come up between my rear duals and busted the extension hose off. I lost tire pressure in very short order. The alarm gave me time to get off the highway quickly.

I wont run without a tire monitoring system ever.

Chris
Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just installed my Hawkshead system yesterday and I am pretty impressed. I wont be going on any trips for another few weeks but it looks like it is going to give me some piece of mind while cruising down the highway.