Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #15

Dsilva,

Guess you got up on the wrong side of the bed. I don't rotate tires on my engine. I often do on my vehicle. I was really suggesting that this is an engine forum and tire questions should be posted to the motorhome forum.

distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #16

Paul, my point is, that some people make mistakes as was pointed out by several others. Then u an a couple of others scold him for what could be a mistake. That can be intimidating to the newer members who r struggling with posting.I know because I am still struggling.As for what u say to me, I'll just take that with a grain of salt.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
This is a friendly forum, who cares where an Op comes for advice.....As for rotating tires on my 5er? Probably won't have too before the tire times out after 7 years. But more importantly is before a trip check the condition of the tire and maintain the correct air pressure. I bought a portable single tank DeWalt compressor which is a low profile model that fits easily into my basement and allows me to fill the tires when need...Now I hope I don't get blasted for goin off topic.....
Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Seeing that Myway09 has only 6 posts I would think he was having a problem figuring out how to post let alone the section he should be in. I'm sure all this do right stuff made him feel right at home.
I hope he keeps right on posting and gets the help he is looking for. This is supposed to be a friendly, helpful forum !!
Thanks Myway09 for the post. I had the same question. I did not notice what forum this was posted in until someone brought it to my attention. I will try to be more observant.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, you have the correct answer, Sorry kinda new here, the reason for the question is because I have four polished aluminum wheels.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to the three who have no patience lol, thanks to you other guys, being new sucs sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
Isn't this the Caterpillar engine section????
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Some people do not read the rules about multiple postings Hal.

ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
I think the question should be is "why is it in the Caterpillar engine section?"
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Hahaha I love the B.S. part, their post didn't even bother me, they are too deep into this and need to get a life ))))))
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway09
Hahaha I love the B.S. part, their post didn't even bother me, they are too deep into this and need to get a life ))))))
lmao.... welcome to irv2!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #23

I usually don't even at look what sections a post is in. If I can help answer the question, I will do so. What flavor whine do some of you want?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #24

I tried to make a light hearted point that I don't rotate tires on my engine.

You tend to get responses based on who monitors the thread. I look at the Class A thread and the Monaco thread most, and occasionally the Cat and Road Master thread.

This is because there is much less activity on the engine and chassis threads, mostly cause engines and chassis give you the least trouble on a MH, but when a good question shows up there you can learn a lot.

One thing about rotating tires on a MH, you pretty much need to dismount and re-mount as the wheels are not the same. Typically the inside drive is steel, the outer is aluminum. Both the tag (if you have one) and the outer drive rim are revered compared to the steer, and usually the inside (meaning the convex side) is pitted.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #25

Yes to rotating tires on TTs or 5ers, no to rotating them on a MH.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverbill View Post
Yes to rotating tires on TTs or 5ers, no to rotating them on a MH.
With ST tires, my experience is, you don't get a chance to rotate them before they throw rubber or explode doing minor to massive damage.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #27

Gulf Streamers Club
I believe the cost of dismounting, mounting, and balancing would not be cost effective. Watch for uneven wear, investigate and correct the problem. The only time I rotate my tires is when I'm rolling. I too don't pay attention to where a question is posted, I look at the question.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote