Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #1

I have a Monaco Dynasty and I am looking to upgrade to either the Goodyear G670 RV or the Michelin XZA 2 Energy. My cost on either set of tires is the same. I have to travel to get the Goodyears and the Michelins are available right around the corner, so the price is a wash.

The size would be 295 80 22.5. Does anyone have any input as to helping me make the choice between the two manufactures? Please explain why.

Thanks,

Andy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #2

I have a Monaco Dynasty and I am looking to upgrade to either the Goodyear G670 RV or the Michelin XZA 2 Energy. My cost on either set of tires is the same. I have to travel to get the Goodyears and the Michelins are available right around the corner, so the price is a wash.

The size would be 295 80 22.5. Does anyone have any input as to helping me make the choice between the two manufactures? Please explain why.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My Winnebago came with Michelin XZA2 275/80R 22.5 LR H tires. They ride great, wear great, and handle great -- I have 40k on the 4 I have left. I had a problem with one about 2 years ago that Michelin judged to be a defect. No one where I was could find an XZA2 replacement, so I took the Michelin credit on the bad tire and went with 2 Continental HSLs and kept the good Michelin as a spare. I definitely would have gone with an XZA2 replacement if I could have found one!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
ET

I finally went with Michelins XZA2 Energy only because I had more folks say they were happy with them/ or had them. Both seem fine to me and Goodyear boasts about UV protection on theirs. I've had mine for 1 years and had them bead balanced... very happy!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I've had both and currently have Goodyear G670's. They are OK, but if the price is the same I'd take the Michelins. My Goodyears are shwoing a minor problem known as "river wear", a band of wear along the outer edges and I'm not getting anywhere near the mileage (treadlife) that I always enjoyed with Michelins. However, most Rvers don't wear out the tire tread before it dies of old age anyway (6-7 years).
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #6

I have had the XZA2's as well. Just put them on last week. I have about 1200 miles on them already. I have found they seem to roll down the road better and have a very nice ride. I went with the Michelins because I have had the same brand on my pickup with excellent reliability.

The XZA2's are supposed to have silica in the tires that help the rolling resisitance. They claim that this helps with fuel mileage and also rolling resistance is down. I have felt that the tires seem to want to roll down the road. I am happy with them. As far as fuel mileage I am a couple of tenths higher, but, that is always hard to tell given all the variables.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. Please keep them coming.