RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #1

Tires

Thanks for everyone's imput. has anyone heard of motorhometires.com. You buy tires direct from them and they set up the install close to your house.

Tklyczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #2

I don't see a way to specify the number of tires needed or a way to at least specify a range of acceptable mfg dates. but the real issue for me is finding a local installer. they want all sorts of personal information before they will show me who my local installer is....might not be anyone near me or a shop I've done business with that I wouldn't want to do business with again. interesting concept but it's not for me.

rk911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #3

Ya I am skeptical can't find any reviews on them they did call me back and tell me the mfg date its early 19.they will tell me were the tire shop is after I pay or for an extra $ 100 send a mobile installer. And they can get Michelin Camping World can too but they're $900 higher
Tklyczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #4

me? I'd keep shopping. I don't think I'd do biz with CW on such a big ticket item like tires but there are a lot of RV tire dealers out there. to me it's worth extra $ to deal face-to-face with a reputable business instead of a mouse click and a toll free phone number. good luck.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:31 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Have you looked at simpletire.com? Same concept, though most people find their own local installer. Simple Tire has a decent reputation.

If buying tires online, make sure you add up all taxes, fees, local disposal costs, shipping, install & balance before deciding the discount price will save you money. I've looked into it a couple times and each time I was saving only a few dollars per tire vs my local truck tire dealers pricing. It simply wasn't worth the hassle. Your mileage may vary...
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Have you looked at simpletire.com? Same concept, though most people find their own local installer. Simple Tire has a decent reputation.

If buying tires online, make sure you add up all taxes, fees, local disposal costs, shipping, install & balance before deciding the discount price will save you money. I've looked into it a couple times and each time I was saving only a few dollars per tire vs my local truck tire dealers pricing. It simply wasn't worth the hassle. Your mileage may vary...
looks like you have to find your own installer. seems like a lot of hassle.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
looks like you have to find your own installer. seems like a lot of hassle.
Maybe, maybe not. In some areas truck tire dealers seem quite willing to mount and balance tires bought elsewhere; in other areas not so much. The dealer may even be willing to let you have the tires shipped direct to his shop. I found a willing shop on my first phone inquiry. I asked if they would do that and he responded with the price per tire, either with or without Equal bead balancing. No hassle at all.

I also asked the same shop for a quote on the tire size I wanted and he offered two brand choices, one the same as I priced at Simple. His price was just $22 more for two tires than my bottom line dealing with Simple + paying for local installation. I didn't hesitate minute and accepted his deal.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:51 AM   #8

hit or miss = POTENTIALLY a lot of hassle. i’m willing to spend the sheckles for a sure thing. to each their own.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tklyczek View Post
Thanks for everyone's imput. has anyone heard of motorhometires.com. You buy tires direct from them and they set up the install close to your house.
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Just noticed you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello! Others have pretty much stated my opinion.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires