Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 AM   #1

I am interested in towing my PT Cruiser. It is an automatic and I want to tow with 4 wheels down. Has anyone had success in installing modifications to a PT Cruiser that would allow this to happen?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 AM   #2

I am interested in towing my PT Cruiser. It is an automatic and I want to tow with 4 wheels down. Has anyone had success in installing modifications to a PT Cruiser that would allow this to happen?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
It is my understanding that you can't. I do not believe there is any modifications that would permit that. Your Pt dealer would be able to verify that.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #4

I have a PT Crusier with a auto I would like to tow also. I have not done alot of research on this but I think Remco may have a solution with a lube pump. Try calling them, sorry I don't have a number.
Please post if you find out anything.

2003 Journey DL 36GD
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
I also have a PT Cruiser (GT turbo with the autostick) that I plan to tow in the future. I will check with Remco first, but assume that it will be OK with a trans pump. I tow a Plymouth Grand Caravan now with a trans pump and I understand that both of the transmissions are the same
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:40 PM   #6

I have seen many auto PTs being towed using the Remco pump...
Old 05-19-2005, 10:53 AM   #7

thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,
We had a 2001 PT with auto trans, and were thinking of towing it 4 down. Talked with remco as well as 4 PT owners we saw on the road!! All said they used the lube pump with no problems. We ended up getting a jeep, so we did not do the pump on the PT, but that was the direction we would have went!! Hope this helps some!!