Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
TPMS Hawkshead Pressure Track

Has anyone done research on this system? It appears to do both temp and pressure for much less than other systems with pressure only. Batteries are owner changeable, system is owner programmable and easily installed.
Harold Miller

H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #2

I've contacted them asking questions below the dashed line:
I'm looking around for more info..
Reply here so more readers can follow along; good luck..
-------------------------------------------------
How is the receiver powered? If by battery, how long does it last? Can it be charging while receiving?
BATTERY/POWER CABLE YES IT CAN CHARGE UNDER OPERATION
Are the tire sensor's batteries owner replaceable?
YES IN THE HD VERSION
What temperature is measured at the end of a tire stem??
OVERALL INTERNAL AIR TEMPERATURE

'04 Meridian 36G
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
HawksHead TPMS

Jon,
We bit the bullet and purchased the 10 sensor unit including the signal booster for the toad. Have installed the MH sensors and the system works as advertised and the price was CERTAINLY right. You get to install the sensor batteries as part of the process and each takes less than a minute. The cockpit "monitor" is small and rather than use their cumbersome mount, we velcro'd it to the dash near a 12v plug. That way, it can be unplugged (from charger) and taken with you on the morning "walk around" of the motorhome. The system was easy to program which is a plus for us as we plan to keep the 30' SunnyBrook bumper pull trailer out in the barn.
Only "downer" we can see is that a sensor must be removed (unscrewed) to add air. We understand that some of the units have sensors that add air THROUGH the sensor.
Will let you know how it does in the "real world" @ June 1st when we return from a 5,000 mile trip.
Harold Miller
Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
First Report

Here we are in Santa Fe with 600+ miles behind us. System has worked exactly as advertised. I programmed the front tires @ 105psi and actually put in 112. West Texas got very hot and rolling down the road got a red light and beep. Pulled over and left front was 20% over 105psi - Let out a couple of PSI and it was back to normal. When time allows got to tell it what I really put into the tires,

More later,
Harold Miller
Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just install the TST Sys. yesterday no problem programing and it works as advertised. for $299.00 for 6 sensors sys.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #6

Do the TST sensors need to be removed from the valve stems to add air to the tire?

Thanks.

Steve
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Steve,
See message #3 above.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Interesting experience this AM. All the "bells and whistles" went off sitting here in the RV park. Surprised to say the least. First thought (on the way forward to the control) was one of the new tires had decided to go south. Left rear/outside was blinking but had 110 PSI. Now the second thought was about this piece of junk I had purchased!!!. Then while thumbing thru the other info, a wierd number struck me - the tire had a temp of 204 deg. Had to see this tire that was obviously on fire - then found one of the reasons not to polish the aluminum wheels. Seems the morning sun was perfectly reflected on the sensor. It's back to happy camper.
Harold Miller
Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
We bit the bullet and purchased the 10 sensor unit including the signal booster for the toad.
Harold, I'm surprised the system needs a signal booster even with only a 20' span. I guess it makes sense for a toad, but do you think I'd need one in a 36' class A. I'd guess from dash to right rear would be about 25'. Have you tried without the booster?

Thanks.
Rich
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
Steve,
See message #3 above.
Yes, I read that post, but I thought it was referring to the Hawkshead Pressure Track.

My question was about the TST system.

Steve
Old 05-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #11

Steve and Rich, I am a TST distributor; yes, you must remove the TST sensor to add or remove air. Yes, I know there are a couple of brands out there where you can add air with the sensor in place. Downside is those sensors are very much larger than the TST sensors. The TST are less than an inch in diam. and less than an inch deep (not counting the female thread on rear side of sensor). the air-up type are approaching the size of a walnut. Who cares about size-you do, remember the road wind and centrifigal force multiplies with increased size.

As`to a repeater/booster antenna that goes for $59 I suggest to most customers that they try the installed system without the booster. If you do not have dropped signals in the toad you are $59 ahead of the game-if you do have dropped signals the booster antenna can be sent out the next day. Most of the time the booster is only required when overall length approaches 60-65 feet unless there are other factors involved, i.e. motorcycle lifts, etc. Ken Roberts...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Booster

Rich,
Ken's answer above pretty well says it all. With no toad there should be no need for a booster. Our MH is 40', then the hitch, then to the rear of the toad...... it's a long way and I wanted to install it only one time. Also it was purchased for a 5,000 mile trip and no room for error.
Harold Miller
Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure length has a lot to do with it. On my 40 footer, the Pressure Pro system reads the toad sensors fine, but the left rear inner dual seldom got a reading until I added the PP repeater in the rear bedroom. Apparently something was blocking the signal from reaching the monitor on the dashboard and the repeater solved the problem nicely. .
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I'm using the Pressure Pro System on my CC 40' with motorcycle rack and no booster. It reads perfectly even when I'm 20' feet away before hooking up to tow. Maybe fiberglass walls allow more signal reception.
John

JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote