Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TPMS setting

I have a TPMS that I am trying to figure out what psi I should set as the high for the alarm to go off. My problem is I have one inside dully that goes up to 122 psi. Based on my RV weight I have the psi set at 105 on all wheels, I set the monitor at 120 psi for the alarm. The first time I used the TPMS, I used a digital tire gage to set the psi.

I had the monitor go off on the way home from where I store the RV. Sense I live in AZ the temperature that day was 97 degrees, I didn’t think that much psi increase would present a problem.

When I asked what I should set the high psi, they recommended 15% of the psi used. I am curious if anyone else that has a TPMS ran into this problem, also what % of your psi did you use to set your high psi? Any help will be appreciated.
caninecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I have one wheel position that runs a little higher than the rest also. I have set my high pressure alarm to go off at 127 and everything seems okay.

Have you reconfirmed your psi and weights are within spec's?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
I have one wheel position that runs a little higher than the rest also. I have set my high pressure alarm to go off at 127 and everything seems okay.

Have you reconfirmed your psi and weights are within spec's?

I had the RV weighed by ADOT, I didn’t get the 4 corner weight, just on both axles. I used the digital gage on one trip and the TPMS on the next. The alarm went off on both. I will increase the high psi to compensate for the heat here in AZ.
caninecop is offline   Reply With Quote