Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: My wife has had a bout with lung cancer and even though the cancer is now stable the radiation did
50 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #1

D and S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
My wife has had a bout with lung cancer and even though the cancer is now stable the radiation did a number on her lungs, and it seems she will have to be on oxygen for the forseeable future. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has delt with oxygen while traveling in their MH and how they handled it. We hate the thought of giving up rving becausse of this setback. Any info would be appreciated. Don

D and S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
D and S, There are numerous ways to do what you are asking about, i.e. oxygen tanks, oxygen concentrators, etc. Depends some on space, time away from home, if must be on oxygen 24 hrs./day, and Rx. or liter flow setting. (such as 2 lpm vs. 5 lpm, amount of oxygen flow out of tank or machine for example) I am a registered respiratory therapist and own my own home medical equipment co. and we only deal with respiratory patients. Would be glad to discuss options with you if need be, or your current oxygen supplier would crandres@swbell.net be a source of information regarding your question. Please reply or email me for additional information. Thanks, OKRAMBLER
OKRAMBLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:08 AM   #4
Hi D and S
I too am on oxygen 24/7 I have a concentrator and portable tanks.
I run the generator while driving and use concentrator, I have Lincare as a oxygen provider and I tell them where am going and they set up a travel schedule as to where i can pick up more tanks hose etc...
I thought it was going to be a problem but just do it slowly..
hopee that helps
1994 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE 32 CB F53 chassis

2007 Toyoata Prius Hybrid
antlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
We have a 9-year old daughter with a trach and on almost constant oxygen (2.5 lpm). We carry a number of E-tanks with us when we plan to be away from the motorhome, depending on the length of the trip and the anticipated activities.

We have also bought a concentrator for the motorhome so we don't have to constantly move the one out from the house. She is on several other devices (compressor, nebulizer, and suction), so we almost always run the generator on the road. This also enables us to run the A/C in summer, which she also needs (and we appreciate).

On two occasions when the generator stopped enroute, we used a couple of the E-tanks to get her by until we got to commercial power.

So far we have been able to get enough tanks from our supplier for our trips, but we also carry a prescription from her pulmonologist for refilling when on the road. Our supplier also has multiple locations, so we can do exchanges there when necessary.
Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote