Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Since you seem to be buying these things quite often; what's the chance you could disassemble the lock and take the broken part to a machine shop. Have them duplicate the broken part in either brass or stainless steel. Probably cheaper than a new lock.
I have had only one door lock fail but several basement locks made with the same kind of construciton (Also Tri-mark) have failed..

And though I did not take BDPreece's advice.. that's only because he had not yet given it.. Got the same idea myself.. My Metalsmith carved me a bunch from genunie Steel and not one has broken since.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #30

Not sure about a light push. I was a pita to install this. Had to whittle down the screw slots for the door catch. I like it but not sure it was a win. This lock only locks the deadbolt. It's not a huge deadbolt, about the same size as the trimark. So now I only really have one lockable device vs. two with trimark. On the other hand, the trimark is a pos. Having the plastic parts is a non-starter. Given the price, I don't know if I won or loss in this lock swapout.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:05 AM   #31
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dumping the 60-650 is a win.
Gone is the ticking timebomb bolt
Gone is the plastic actuator that binds or breaks.

And, the key pad is great from our experience.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #32

I got these spacers from Bauer.

I removed the latch and installed them. It took both. I did not have to enlarge the pocket. It just made it. Now it fits tightly, closes easily and works great. I am pleased. I still have to do some cosmetic work on the door but that will be easy. I am glad I called them. They could have put something about it in the instructions or even provided them in the kit in case they were needed. They do seem like they are good folks when I called.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:20 PM   #33
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kahoona,

Great update!
Thanks for sharing.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-22-2015, 05:44 AM   #34

I have bad news for you...the deadbolt breaks too.
We got locked out of ours this past summer.
I had to climb in through a window I pried off track and repeatedly kick the door while a friend wedged a screwdriver in through the door trying to push the deadbolt back into the lock. It is held in place by something no better quality than a clothes hanger wire.
It cost me $120 for a replacement which I bought and did the work myself because it was a 2 week wait at CW and after I got my ACE in for appointment could take several days for Good Sam Ext Coverage approval and replacement.
When asked by GSEC why I did not call for preapproval upon request for warranty coverage I just about went crazy on the girl.

So long story short, the entire lock system is garbage. I may actually buy an extra to keep on hand.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
I have bad news for you...the deadbolt breaks too.
We got locked out of ours this past summer.
I had to climb in through a window I pried off track and repeatedly kick the door while a friend wedged a screwdriver in through the door trying to push the deadbolt back into the lock. It is held in place by something no better quality than a clothes hanger wire.
It cost me $120 for a replacement which I bought and did the work myself because it was a 2 week wait at CW and after I got my ACE in for appointment could take several days for Good Sam Ext Coverage approval and replacement.
When asked by GSEC why I did not call for preapproval upon request for warranty coverage I just about went crazy on the girl.

So long story short, the entire lock system is garbage. I may actually buy an extra to keep on hand.
Which lock are you referring to?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #36
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just noticed...Kahoona's lock has the "New Quick Lock Feature"

It IS new...the Bauer EM we got did not have this feature.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-23-2015, 06:21 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Which lock are you referring to?
Sorry, the OE Trimark.
I was thinking of replacing it with the electronic lock after reading this thread.
But upon some searching in other threads it appears to be 50/50 on the Bauer lock. Some people were complaining about the electronics/wires failing. Some people also didn't like the fact that it was a single lockset, and not dual as in the Trimark.
I do love the keyless entry part though. Would eliminate having to carry keys.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
Sorry, the OE Trimark.
I was thinking of replacing it with the electronic lock after reading this thread.
But upon some searching in other threads it appears to be 50/50 on the Bauer lock. Some people were complaining about the electronics/wires failing. Some people also didn't like the fact that it was a single lockset, and not dual as in the Trimark.
I do love the keyless entry part though. Would eliminate having to carry keys.
I like the bauer. I don't think that the double is any better than the single. Keep in mind that anybody who wants in will go through a window or use a put bar and a hard yank and they are in anyway.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #39
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I don't see the need for the second lock on the Trimark.
It was a pain when trying to exit the RV...Unlock #1, Unlock #2 - and - the 2 levers had to be turned opposite directions to lock or unlock the one we had.

Plus in a different thread here, an ex-salesman shared that the main latch lock on ALL Trimarks could be opened with one of two master keys

Safe travels

P.S. Really jealous of the "Quick Lock" feature. When exiting, just push the 7/8 and "key" symbol buttons to lock it. That's an improvement over the Bauer EM we have and reduces the chance by 50% that a neighbor could see you entering door code
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post

I don't see the need for the second lock on the Trimark.
It was a pain when trying to exit the RV...Unlock #1, Unlock #2 - and - the 2 levers had to be turned opposite directions to lock or unlock the one we had.

Plus in a different thread here, an ex-salesman shared that the main latch lock on ALL Trimarks could be opened with one of two master keys

Safe travels

P.S. Really jealous of the "Quick Lock" feature. When exiting, just push the 7/8 and "key" symbol buttons to lock it. That's an improvement over the Bauer EM we have and reduces the chance by 50% that a neighbor could see you entering door code
I agree about the double lock. We never used both anyway. I am finding that I use the lock more with the Bauer. I used to leave the RV unlocked a lot rather than drag a key but it is so easy to lock it now that I do it more often. I love not needing a key.
I once had a difficult time unlocking my coach with the trimark. I spent at least 10 minutes fussing with it before I for it to open. Then I realized that I was using the wrong key. It let me in anyway. I am very pleased with the Bauer.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #41

just got a new 060-1650 today, the replacement for the original. bigger locks and keys, different inside, it looks not too bad. works a lot smoother too.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:42 PM   #42
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvger79 View Post
just got a new 060-1650 today, the replacement for the original. bigger locks and keys, different inside, it looks not too bad. works a lot smoother too.
The 1650 IS TriMark's replacement for the 650...but, full disclosure...
The stike bolts are much larger, requiring the replacement of the strike plate inside the door frame...not a simple bolt-in install in many RV's...and,
The outside faceplate is a different shape from the 650, so if your RV has any paintwork or decals, it could be a cosmetic issue...and,
The inside faceplate and fixed handle are also shaped different and can contact the screen door on some models.

Lots of reality check in the customer reviews here:
http://www.amazon.com/Trimark-Entran.../dp/B002LKCG0O

I guess it could be good enough at only $90, but TriMark wasn't getting my money and unless it can be disassembled to check for other failure points - which it can't because of the pressed-on parts - not worth the risk...IMHO.

Safe travels

WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV

Tags
bauer, door, latch, trimark