Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
507 reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbZilla View Post
I have had my 507 flow through system for about a year now. It has a consistent 2 psi difference compared to my hand pressure gauge which doesn't bother me because it is always consistent. I think they make a great product! It still is amazing to me how the tires react to different temperatures, road conditions etc.
Same here. Great customer service, couple of sensor issues at first. TST responded quickly and traveling this week the system is performing perfectly.

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #44

TST 507rv

I just bought the 6 sensor TPMS and all 6 are 2 pounds less than what the tire actually has. From other posts, it appears I just have to do math in my head and add 2 to each readout for an accurate (or closer to accurate) PSI. Unfortunately that's not what I expected from this product. I had my digital tire gauge compared to ones in a tire store and it was dead on.

Suppose I should be happy that all 6 are consistently 2 pounds off.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #45

There is a pattern forming here that TST might want to take notice of; as many, including myself, have found the 507RV sensors to be consistently 2 PSI lower than what our digital pressure gauges read. And, digital gauges seem to be typically accurate to within +/- .5 PSI.

Kind of hard to believe the sensors are accurate to +/- 1.5 PSI when people find them to read 2 PSI low over and over again.

On another point of accuracy, has anyone else noticed that the 507 monitor pressure alarm is missing several set points? For example, from 95 to 130 PSI the following pressure set points are missing: 96, 99, 102, 105, 109, 112, 115, 118, 121, 125, and 129.
geofferyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
I now have 4 sensors that I do not use. I have never put the sensors on my tow vehicle yet, not sure why.
I would have the sensors on the toad before the motorhome. In most cases, you will have some sense of a tire pressure issue on the motorhome by the seat of your pants.

The toad is back there all alone. A tire failure on the toad might not be visible in the rearview camera and could have a disastrous outcome.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:37 AM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofferyh View Post
There is a pattern forming here that TST might want to take notice of; as many, including myself, have found the 507RV sensors to be consistently 2 PSI lower than what our digital pressure gauges read. And, digital gauges seem to be typically accurate to within +/- .5 PSI.

Kind of hard to believe the sensors are accurate to +/- 1.5 PSI when people find them to read 2 PSI low over and over again.

On another point of accuracy, has anyone else noticed that the 507 monitor pressure alarm is missing several set points? For example, from 95 to 130 PSI the following pressure set points are missing: 96, 99, 102, 105, 109, 112, 115, 118, 121, 125, and 129.
I'm on my second set of sensors. Neither set were very accurate. I run the coach tires at exactly 95 lb. cold. One of the sensors in particular gives a consistent morning reading of 88 lb. On that wheel, I used to remove the sensor every morning to check the tire pressure, only to find that it was at 95 lb. Now I simply know that a morning reading of 88 lb from that sensor is normal and OK.

Same with my toad. All tires at 32 lb. cold. One of the sensors reports 26 lb. in the morning, another 28 lb. I don't worry about it. I have familiarized myself with these idiosyncrasies and enjoy using the product.

What I do find interesting is that once the wheels are rolling and warm up, all the sensors seem to report about the same tire pressures and temperatures.

Jim
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:43 PM   #48

Quote:

I finally was returned my "odd-ball" sensor that was sent back to TST for testing/replacement. It tested only 1 PSI off the test tire at some pressure that was not revealed; far better than it has performed on my RV tires. I have now built a compressor mounted manifold to test all six (6) of my sensors at the same time at known pressures and will be very interested in what I find.

Also, we have been advised repeatedly (in other threads) that we should expect the sensors to read within +/- 1.5 PSI. This is also put forth in the 507 User Manual as +/- 1.5 PSI. However, on the packing slip that came with the sensor returned to me after testing, it states "Note that sensor tolerances range from +/- 3 PSI, and most tire gauges range from 5-10 PSI. Please adjust the settings in your monitor to reflect the digital reading from the TPMS system."
geofferyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #49

My 507s all show 2 psi lower than my 3 gauges. I just recalibrate my mind to "close enough".
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
507's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
My 507s all show 2 psi lower than my 3 gauges. I just recalibrate my mind to "close enough".
Same here. Once on the road and tires heated both coach and toad read accurately. Just off when cold, may have something to do with monitor synch to sensors?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Hello,

The sensors will be +/- 1.5 PSI. Gauges will read +/-3-5 PSI, using digital or analog. I am not sure why you received something stating a gauge will vary 5-10 PSI. I will check into this. Please call me with any questions. I am available until midnight 7 days a week at 770-889-9102

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

Mike Benson
TST TPMS

Quote:
I finally was returned my "odd-ball" sensor that was sent back to TST for testing/replacement. It tested only 1 PSI off the test tire at some pressure that was not revealed; far better than it has performed on my RV tires. I have now built a compressor mounted manifold to test all six (6) of my sensors at the same time at known pressures and will be very interested in what I find.

Also, we have been advised repeatedly (in other threads) that we should expect the sensors to read within +/- 1.5 PSI. This is also put forth in the 507 User Manual as +/- 1.5 PSI. However, on the packing slip that came with the sensor returned to me after testing, it states "Note that sensor tolerances range from +/- 3 PSI, and most tire gauges range from 5-10 PSI. Please adjust the settings in your monitor to reflect the digital reading from the TPMS system."
Old 12-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #52

Hi Mike,
Any idea when the pics will be out of the new monitor?
Merry Christmas, Jeff.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

The monitor should not skip that many set points it should follow this
129,127,126,124,123,122,120,119,117,116,114,113,11 1,110,108,107,106,104,103,101,100,98,97,95,94,93,9 1,90,88,87,85 It should never skip more than 1 PSI in a sequence when setting the parameters.

Quote:

Old 12-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scroller9596 View Post
Hi Mike,
Any idea when the pics will be out of the new monitor?
Merry Christmas, Jeff.
We are getting real close, I will release pics as soon as I am able.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
Old 12-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any idea if the new monitor will have the ability to program the trailer axles independently? It appears the 507 that a I have now sets pressures for all trailer tires at the same time. That worked out fine on my Fifth Wheel.

We have a tow dolly. The dolly tires run at a much higher pressure than my cars tires. I had planned on putting sensors on the tow dolly, and the rear axle of the car.

I am pleased that the Motorcoach axles can be programmed independently...would hope the trailer axles could be as well... i think it would be common for people towing pick-ups or tow dollies to run different pressures on the front and rear.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #56

The 507 flow through that I have lets me set pressure per tire, independently of the others. We set different psi for our enclosed trailer and then the toad, depending on what we are pulling.

2016 Dynamax Force, Just Rite 2