Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
TST - Acceptable PSI variance on duals.

I realize that all four need to be inflated to the same PSI and temp can affect that number but for those with the TST system, is there an acceptable PSI variance before you get worried and remove the sensors to verify the PSI?

For example, by air gauge, my 4 rears are 95 PSI cold. Daily cold readings vary by a pound or two between the 4. Sometimes one or more may be above or below the 95. The numbers seem to change daily. Monitoring the hot as I'm driving, a tire on one side may be as much as 5 pounds different than one on the other and one or two pounds different than the one next to it. When they cool off they are back to being close to the 95.

Love not having to physically check each tire daily but at what point do you pull the sensors and check with a gauge?

Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would pull the sensor to check with a gauge if:
1 - pressure drops on one tire to the point it triggers the low psi alarm
2 - pressure does not return to the "normal" reading after sitting overnight

Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Chaplain. The advantage of having all that instant everchanging info at my fingertips was about to drive me crazy.

btw- Nice website. DW and I enjoyed my (our) 8 years in the Army. Afterall that's where we met HIM!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
I realize that all four need to be inflated to the same PSI and temp can affect that number but for those with the TST system, is there an acceptable PSI variance before you get worried and remove the sensors to verify the PSI?

For example, by air gauge, my 4 rears are 95 PSI cold. Daily cold readings vary by a pound or two between the 4. Sometimes one or more may be above or below the 95. The numbers seem to change daily. Monitoring the hot as I'm driving, a tire on one side may be as much as 5 pounds different than one on the other and one or two pounds different than the one next to it. When they cool off they are back to being close to the 95.

Love not having to physically check each tire daily but at what point do you pull the sensors and check with a gauge?
Per info on michelin's and bridgestones websites a 30 degree temperature difference in inner and outer dual tires measured at the bead is normal. you can expect tire temperatures measured at the bead to be about 60 degrees hotter than ambient air temperature. bridgestone states that 200 degrees measured at the bead is too hot and can damage the tire.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Dan,

Gee, who would have expected an answer about tires would have been found on the tire manufacturers website.

Thank you. That answers this question and the other I asked about high temp.