Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
I was wondering if any of you have any experience with a company called Truck Systems Technologies and specifically their tire monitoring product.

It is advertised as reporting pressure as well as temperature for each individual position and seems to have similar (to Doran) screw on sensors. The price is very attractive too.
The website is http://www.tsttruck.com/
Thanks
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
I was wondering if any of you have any experience with a company called Truck Systems Technologies and specifically their tire monitoring product.

It is advertised as reporting pressure as well as temperature for each individual position and seems to have similar (to Doran) screw on sensors. The price is very attractive too.
Thanks

Old 10-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I can't give you an answer but I'm hoping someone will. My response will bump it back up to the top so maybe we'll get some reports. I'd like to get one also, if they prove to be okay.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was going to buy this system until I found a lot of negative remarks on another RV site. Problems with delivery and after sale support.
FWIW

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Looks like this is a reincarnated system with a new distributor after the old distributor went broke. I'm seeing good reviews for both the product and the distributor on another, larger forum. I still like the high and low pressure alarm and the high temperature alarm too.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 AM   #6

Yes, I have the system and it works great. Now a little history, the original seller was named Saf-Tee Corp. and they were months behind in delivery and customer support was horrible. There are something like 60 pages of complaints about Saf-Tee Corp on RV.net's Class A forum. It turned out they took more orders than they had systems and made shipping promises they did come close to keeping and actually lied to customers about shipping and availability. The actual manufacturer dumped Saf-Tee as a distributor and Truck Systems Technologies is the new distributor. I had sent my monitor back to Saf-Tee Corp under warranty and this was the same time the manufacturer dumped them. I thought I was out of luck, but Truck Systems called me and said a new monitor was being shipped under warranty and they would honor the product warranty. I received the replacement and several E-mail were sent confirming the shipping date and delivery date. I was again talking to Truck Systems last week about the rear tire sensors occasionally losing their readings and they said that it was probably due to the length of my coach (40ft) and toad. They have introduced a repeater to increase the signal and I order it and it was delivered within 3-4 days. The repeater solved my dropped signals on the rear toad tires. I have talked to them on the phone and they are trying real hard to assure customers that they are in it for the long haul and I have been pleased with their communications confirming my order and telling me the date I should get it. Based on the Truck Systems performance for customer support so far I have been pleased. There was nothing wrong with the actual system and it really works great, it was just the terrible customer support from the orignal distributor, Saf-Tee Corp. Hopes this helps everyone considering this system.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I also have the Saf-Tee purchased through the original vendor and received it after a 4 month wait. I had issues with several sensors recently and the new dealer Truck Systems Technologies was great, even though purchased from the first guy. Dan took back all the sensors and replaced them with the second generation ones with a longer threaded area for the valve stem. They are a much better design. They have been great to work with and communication with them has been excellent. I would however suggest using metal valve stems on the toad whatever brand you might purchase. I found that they put a lot of side pressure on the rubber stems on my toad.

The Monitor has been very good and service from the new guy Truck System Technologies has been great.

Happy travels Pete
Old 11-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RVRON AND OTHERS,
thanks for posting the info about truck systems tp and temp monitor. i ordered mine today.
i was just about to order a doran system before i read your posts.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #9

I also can report having a very good experience with Truck Systems Technologies in Cumming, Georgia. They just replaced some bad sensors for me, and have won me as a customer for life. Get this product on your tires before you have a problem. Read some posts about how much damage a bad tire can do to the rest of your coach. I'm a believer, HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:10 AM   #10

I just purchased a TST system and I couldn't be happier with it. Simple installation. Great price. Fast shipping. Helpful owner. I'd buy from them again.

Steve
StevePav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post

Thanks

Haven't purchased ours yet but intend to do so in the near future. A member of this forum,(user name Ken Roberts) is a seller of this product. He was very prompt in answering my questions recently. Look him up using the search function then send a PM.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Mine has worked flawlessly for a couple thousand miles. The only minor complaint is that the customized "wrench" you need for them can be awkward to use, especially in the two front tires where I have no valve extensions. You can do it, but it takes a little jiggling to remove the wrench so it doesn't get caught on the lip of the hub cap around the valve.

Aside from the safety factors that led me to buy this sytem, it has already saved me lots of time. I check tire pressure daily on every trip. Doing this manually is a nuisance and now I can just scan the readings on the TST monitor and it it's within a couple or 3 pounds off I go.

A tip: if you know it's going to be a few weeks or more before your next trip (so you are sure you'll have to top off the tires in any case), just remove the sensors upon returning home. This turns the sensors "off" and should extend battery life. Next trip, top off the air, install the sensors and off you go. I hope to get several years of battery life that way.

Overall, a quality product so far.
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #13

I have just bought one and am in the process of installing them. The reason I say in the process of installing is it can be fairly complicated including 3 type of extensions for my coach. You want to be able to have the sensors exposed and easily removed for adding and removing air. My hubcaps require removing 3 or 4 lug nuts which is a real bear for me. I have had to use 3 different types of extensions (one for front, one for outer rear, and one for inside rear.). The manual is pretty straightforward, but a little complicated. I have not taken my coach on a trip with the yet, and will report on it soon. I love the fact that the unit has a 36 hour battery and I will be able to keep it on the dash and then recharge every week or so using the 12 volt lighter socket. It also has programmable alarms for high and low air pressure by wheel and high and low temperature by wheel.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I purchased a TST system in March and I couldn't be happier with it. Simple installation. Great price. Fast shipping. Great customer support
No Problems yet