Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
TST Tire Pressure Monitory System

I installed the TST TPMS in January after purchasing at Quartszite. It works well some of the time but not always consistent. I did have to purchase the "U" shape extenders for the outside rear, and short extenders for the fronts. On the fronts, the OEM valve was not long enough and the sensor would not screw on without binding on the rim.

It takes a few miles for the system to "gear up", sometimes I will get all 10 reading correctly, sometimes, none, sometimes 2 or three and it just seems to jump all over the board. There doesn't seem to be a steady problem with any particular one.

Anyone have any solutions for this problem?

doorguy
04 Journey 39K
02 Dakota 4X

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have just installed the TST system and will be watching with interest.
I did get the 45degree extendtions for the front, with stainless braided extendors on the duals. All seems good but still need road test. I too have found it takes sometime for the system to boot up.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=doorguy;888268]

Call TST and tell them
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #4

[QUOTE=bdaball;888313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post

Call TST and tell them
X2...call them their customer service is great.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the 507 kit and haven't had any problems in 2 weeks of constant use. By design, the probes only transmit about every 5 min, so the 'gear-up' is normal - the display is just waiting to hear from the probe and the readout will be blank until the probe sends the info. My RV is only 30 feet and my tires are at 80 PSI. How does this fit into what you are using? Also, I have a laser thermometer I use to cross check tire temperatures (and check my disc brake temps). The actual tire temp is about 10 degrees hotter than the probe reported temp on an 85 degree day. That makes sense because the probe is on the valve stem - just good to know. I’ll be glad to do any checks you can think of. I’ll be out of internet range until Monday night (camping in the mountains).
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #6

I have no problems with mine and I generally turn it on a few hours before driving.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I purchased my rig in March of this year with TST already installed. The previous owner had purchased the system and experienced problems early on with a few of the sensors. He called TST of help and they bent over backwards to make him happy. They wound up replacing the bad sensors and sending him a whole new kit without having to return the original. As a result, I have two monitors and enough sensors for the coach and the toad with a couple of spares left over.

I have had no problems with the TST system. My only complaint has been the necessity to remove the sensors in order to add air to the tires. As a solution, I added a tee to each of the valve stems on the coach. This makes the valve stem assemblies a little bit long, but it has not been a problem. I did not add tees to the toad, because of the length.

Due to the availability of shore power at our storage facility, we leave the TPMS on all the time, so there is no start-up delay.

Bottom line, call TST for help. I think they will do whatever it takes to fix your problem.

Bob Z
06 Fleetwood Discovery 39S / 08 Buick Enclave
Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #8

Bobz,

Can you please let me know where you purchased The valve stem T fittings

Thanks
Dave

I have the same system and the only problems I have had is when mechanics r+r the sensors. They always overtighten them. I have replaced three because of this
Old 09-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Dave,

I got them from TirePressureMonitor.com (aka L&S Safety Solutions LLC
928-685-3558). You will find it listed on their accessories page here --- Tire Pressure Monitor Accessories | Tire Pressure Monitor. Look for (AAP20) T-Valve Stem. They are $8.50 each. I have been using them for over four months now with lots of time on the road and they have worked great.

Bob