Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1

Tst tpms

Camping World is having a sale on the TST TPMS model 510RV for $288.00, which has 6 sensors and the repeater. Anyone have experience with this product.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have TST system - works very well. A search will find many threads regarding TST.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3

I have a TST 507 with the flow through sensors. The 507 system has replaceable sensor batteries. Works great and great customer service. A simple search for TST or TPMS will give you hours of reading.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'd pay extra (and I did) to get the 507 system over the 510. The 507's have user replaceable batteries, (about every 1 to 2 years) the 510's sensors have to be replaced about every 5 years. Over the long run the maintenance cost is about the same but I prefer to replace my own batteries.
When I was a PressurePro distributor/dealer the one thing I disliked about their system was the need to replace the whole sensor unit when the batteries got weak.
The sensor's are not interchangeable between the 510 and 507 either.
I have a 6 sensor system, 2 of the cap style on the front tires and 4 flow throughs on the rear. The flow throughs were too long for the front's and looked vulnerable.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I'd pay extra (and I did) to get the 507 system over the 510. The 507's have user replaceable batteries, (about yearly) the 510's have to be replaced about every 5 years. Over the long run the maintenance cost is about the same but I prefer to replace my own batteries. When I was a PressurePro distributor/dealer the one thing I disliked about their system was the need to replace the whole sensor unit. The sensor's are not interchangeable between the 510 and 507 either. I have a 6 sensor system, 2 of the cap style on the front tires and 4 flow throughs on the rear. The flow throughs were too long for the front's and looked vulnerable.
Thanks! I was wondering what the difference was between the two systems.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #6

I bought a 510 4-sensor system in 2008. Only had to swap one sensor out for a new battery, the other 3 worked until I stopped using it 2 weeks ago. Near as I can figure that system served me well for about 40,000 miles. I made a reply/comment on the last page of the TST thread on the supporters board about what, why, when if you care to visit that board.
P.S. the 510 is available with user-replaceable batteries-annually, I chose the sealed sensors.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #7

Carolina Campers
I'd buy from TST direct. Before I bought the 507 system, I also saw the Camping World sale. I went in and talked to the sales people. I needed 10 sensors (6 for the RV, 4 for the toad). The sales people did not have a clue. Also, even with the sale, the cost ended up being more at Camping World for the 10 sensor unit than it was directly from TST. The service I have received from TST was exceptional. They will help you make the right choice for your needs, and if you go for putting the sensors on the toad, the will tell you if you may need a repeater based on length, etc.

If you ask nice, you may even get a 15% off deal....
Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I'd buy from TST direct. Before I bought the 507 system, I also saw the Camping World sale. I went in and talked to the sales people. I needed 10 sensors (6 for the RV, 4 for the toad). The sales people did not have a clue. Also, even with the sale, the cost ended up being more at Camping World for the 10 sensor unit than it was directly from TST. The service I have received from TST was exceptional. They will help you make the right choice for your needs, and if you go for putting the sensors on the toad, the will tell you if you may need a repeater based on length, etc. If you ask nice, you may even get a 15% off deal....

Sweet!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
P.S. the 510 is available with user-replaceable batteries-annually, I chose the sealed sensors.
That must be something fairly new as the TST site says they only come with replaceable sensors.

Quote:
How long do the sensor batteries last?

On average the 510 sensor
batteries last between 5 and 7 years and the 507 batteries are intended to be changed approximately every 10-12 months. The sensors stop transmitting after being disconnected from the tires. If you park your commercial vehicle for extended periods of time or if you store an RV for the winter, you can remove the sensors and extend battery life. The included battery life estimate is based upon full time use.

What happens when sensor batteries do expire?

As with all wireless systems, when 510 sensor batteries
do finally die, you can simply return them to us. For $19.95, we will replace all sensor gaskets, we will replace the shell, we will replace the battery, and we will tender to you a reworked sensor ready for 5+ more years of service. The 507 batteries are intended to be changed approximately every 10-12 months. The 507 sensors operate utilizing a CR1632 battery which is readily available and easy to change.
From previous experience with the PressurePro system I knew I needed the repeater. Seems Newmar adds extra metal around the rear axle and it tends to block the signals.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
+1 from me on the TST system. I've had the 507 with ten sensors for over a year now. I'm starting to get some dead batteries, but that's expected. System works great, great Customer service (I've only had 1 issue, on my initial setup). I agree you should buy from TST direct, just go to their website. Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #11

You can buy the new version 507 direct from TST with free shipping and no tax. Just tell them the price and they will match it.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #12

O.k. I ordered the 507 model directly from TST today. I spoke with "Mary", who was very helpful with product information. Had I opted for the 510 model she was willing to match the CW price. She mentioned my order wouldn't be shipped until Monday, which is o.k. seeing the system is on sale (w/6 sensors $299.99). I feel much better knowing I'll be able to monitor the condition of the tires to, hopefully, avert a dangerous situation at 60 mph.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #13

Carolina Campers
Do you have valve stems? I have them on the back tires. It makes the install a breeze.

My 507 flow through stems were tight on the front rims, they work fine, but I need to get some extensions for the front.

If you go to the iRV2 TST product post, thread 'TST TPMS Systems', you can look at the posts for other people discussing their install, and see feedback from the CEO of TST.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #14

I didn't get the flow thru sensors. It doesn't appear to be much room in the wheel opening.