Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ugly Windows

Our Safari Trek had 9 Windows that looked like this:

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ugly Windows

There are five windows that are starting to look bad. I found Dave Root who along with his associate have 25 years experience in RV Construction. Their specialty now is to repair seals on dual pane windows. Our windows are beautiful and look like this:

Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by popsuscdds View Post
Our Safari Trek had 9 Windows that looked like this:
Look like what, where is the pic?
J
Old 04-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ugly Windows

Greetings:
Obviously I have not learned how to post photographs along with a message.
I had all of our windows on our 2000 Safari Trek repaired by Dave Root on April6, 2010. He and Nick arrived promptly and worked steadily until the work was done. It was clear to me that they are familiar with all kinds of coaches. They used drop cloths in our coach and when they were done there was no evidence that they had been there except that the windows were perfect. They work well together, enjoy their work, and want windows clean and clear. <www.daverootrvglassrepair.com>
They removed each window frame, placed it in their workshop/trailer. The dual pane window was removed from the frame. The two panes of glass were separated. The old seals were removed and the glass was cleaned. A new and proper seal was placed between the panes. The frame and glass was reassembled. The opening on the coach wall for the window was cleaned and the windows were reinstalled with proper sealant. This is not a task for a do it yourself person.
Again I'm sorry about the pictures. I have some other stuff on drawer slides to share but can't until I figure out the picture thing.
Milt
Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Milt, from the forum help file on picture posting:
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
Bob

If you're in a hurry, you shouldn't be RV'ing
RVee'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had one window on my 06 Allegro bay changed last year because of fogging. I t was less than three years old, so Tiffin paid for the window and I paid for the installation.

This window was manufactured by the Hehr corporation. I just checked on their web site and the offer only a one year warranty. The claim the manufacture the highest quality window, which I doubt. If the window was high quality, we wouldn't having all this trouble with them. It sure is a shame what the big corporations can get away with these days.
One more rant and I will be finished. There is a person who advertises a fix for fogged windows. I paid $33.50 for this supposed fix, and it states in the paper work that this does not neccessarily solve the fogging and you have to buy equipment and a ton of stuff to do this yourself. I think this is a rip off. Shameful how these people get away with this stuff.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #7

Ugly Windows

I had three windows repaired at Suncoast Designer's in Hudson, Florida and they remove the window and Valance if needed, take them apart clean them and install new seals (their own) and reinstall the window. They charge $250 for drivers side and $200 for all others. They have approximately 12 -15 RV sites with water and 50amp hook ups. A common dump station is also available. They are a residential window company but seem to have found a real nich market in RV's. They did a great job and professional operation all the way. When I was there there were few getting all their windows repaired and others said they had been there before and were having other failed windows repaired. If your glass is etched too bad and cannot be cleaned they have common sizes of panes in stock for $30 additional. They have a video at their web site to explain the whole process.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck62 View Post
I had three windows repaired at Suncoast Designer's in Hudson, Florida and they remove the window and Valance if needed, take them apart clean them and install new seals (their own) and reinstall the window. They charge $250 for drivers side and $200 for all others. They have approximately 12 -15 RV sites with water and 50amp hook ups. A common dump station is also available. They are a residential window company but seem to have found a real nich market in RV's. They did a great job and professional operation all the way. When I was there there were few getting all their windows repaired and others said they had been there before and were having other failed windows repaired. If your glass is etched too bad and cannot be cleaned they have common sizes of panes in stock for $30 additional. They have a video at their web site to explain the whole process.
I had two windows fixed on 4/5/2010 at Suncoast Designers. They did a great job. I can not say enough on their behalf. They worked on 752 coaches last year. I have not heard one bad comment by anyone that has had work done by them. They are very busy and you need to make a reservation ahead of time, but it is well worth the time and travel. You can also ship your windows to them and they will repair them and ship them back to you. You can take a tour of the RV window repair facility, which is offered twice a day.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ugly windows

To RVee"r,
We appreciate your help. Thank you much!!!
Milt