Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #1

Unable to use the hydraulic Jack Circuit Board

I have power going to my 1994 Fleetwood Bounder curcuit board for my hydraulic leveling jacks, but when the curcuit board is pressed (the on/off switch) nothing happens ?? Any ideas? I just purchased this motorhome and the jacks are Milwaukee brand. Am I missing something here?
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bikerdude,
Is your transmisson in park the the parking brake set?
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #3

Yes it is in park. The parking brake automatically sets. Is there a safety switch? Thanks
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bikerdude,
Welcome to iRV2. It is a long shot, check the ground connection from the jack pump to chassis. Also, consider posting this in the Fleetwood Owners' forum. There you will get the largest Bounder owner exposure.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Power Gear makes notice to have the engine running and park brake set to operate leveling systems and slide out rooms. Check for electrical connections on the back of the touch pad, the level sense/controller and at the pump assmy. Verify that you have power feeding the solenoid and that the in-line fuse is good. Let us know as much info that you can as to what you find.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
RMS

Jack solenoid

More than likely it's the solenoid under the hood and on the right as you face your engine. There are two that look identical, silver in color,and were known to fail.

If you are handy and can't buy a new heavy duty one, you can remove the top of the solenoid and turn the copper disc over. I can't recall which of the two controls the jacks.

Those two solenoids are controlled by the two switches,about head level on the left, as you exit your Bounder. Sometimes you can simply flip those switches on and off a few times and they'll engage. Once they start messing up, you really need to at least carry a spare solenoid.
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:34 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Bikerdude,

I just experienced the same thing on my coach last week. First trip after the dealer had it in for repairs. Reach back behind the control panel and make sure the wire is attached! It should plug into the back of the panel, and if you reach back there and can run your hand across the back of the control panel and not feel the wire than it's probably come loose. After some searching I found the wire stuffed behind the fuse panel! The wire does not have a lot of play when plugged in, but I don't feel the tension was enough for it to have pulled loose and flown back behind the fuse panel on it own. Not saying the dealer was responsible, but I have a hard time imagining to any other scenario! Might be good to check that as well, just in case...
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta_P View Post
Bikerdude,
The wire does not have a lot of play when plugged in, but I don't feel the tension was enough for it to have pulled loose and flown back behind the fuse panel on it own. Not saying the dealer was responsible, but I have a hard time imagining to any other scenario!
IMO, there IS no other scenario. And these scenario's are exactly why nobody I'm not familiar with personally touches my stuff but me, unless it's something I can't, or don't want to handle myself--and if someone ELSE does it, I watch.

That said-- if you've verified power to the board, and verified ground, and the board fails to respond to the on/off switch-- could very well be the board!
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #9

Jacks

I own a 1996 Bounder 34J on a Ford f53. We had the same problem. We had two RV service locations test the system and both said it was the control panel on the dash. Called Power Gear and they suggested using bottle jacks. There is a new upgrade which PG wanted $800, NO WAY. tried a used panel from a salvage yard. It was also no good. Finally found the upgade part on EBay for $200, brand new. Plugged it in and jacks now work. I do not remember the sellers name but I entered the part number from the panel and his site came up. The the panel off the dash and the number is on the back. Hope this helps
phil and terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #10

Jacks

I found the vendors user name on Ebay. It's rvpsrtsmart. You can type Power gear jack parts, it should get you to his site. The part number for the panel on my 1996 Bounder is 500455 which replaced 500210. He has one for $199.99.
phil and terri is offline   Reply With Quote