Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
Entegra Owners Club
Now if I could just figure out how to program the air suspension to get the front of the coach to hop off the pavement!

Ralph & Janet
2015 Cornerstone 45K
2013 Ford Explorer
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Now if I could just figure out how to program the air suspension to get the front of the coach to hop off the pavement!
Man, I'd pay good money to see that!

2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
When I installed mine, I figured the 3M tape would not last long. I used the 3M tape and contact cement together. Every couple of feet and at both ends, I added a dab of clear silicone so road dirt and water wouldn't wash/knock them off.

If you look on Amazon under 12 volt LED's you'll see a bunch of them. There are indoor and outdoor strips. The outdoor ones say outdoor and have a little half moon bubble over them. They come in a variety of lengths. LED's come in many color/brightness spectrums too. I always buy lights in the 3500K range because they look the most natural and don't look white. You'll also find pages of 12 volt dimmer switches, with or without remotes, on Amazon.

On my coach, there are two passenger side slides. There is one bay between them that I can access without bending under a slide. In that bay, is the controller for my awning. I installed the switches there and tapped into the awning power, with a fuse, for the lights. I can easily reach in and adjust the dimmer. I found the remotes were problematic and didn't use them.
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #18
I ran LED lights under my awning roller and it gives a nice lighting effect. I also have a set of rope lights I throw under the coach. Sometimes I turn them off at night, sometimes I leave them on. Never occurred to me they might annoy other people.
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:07 PM   #19
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post

X2 I have them but turn off when I go to sleep.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

We were full time with three small dogs. Coyotes tend to like hanging under the coaches at night and we felt these both added ambiance, bling, and served to ward off critters. I used 120v rope light and a wireless controller inside the rig which controlled 5 different stations.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04118.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	93491  

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote