Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #29

My odor only comes when I flush. I'm using "Pure Power Blue" digester/odor eliminator. This is enzyme/bacteria chemical, so I had my system pressure washed (black and grey) before beginning using it to prevent chemical mismatch. My tank is only 1/3 full, so I don't want to dump the tank so often, but the smell isn't funny when company is about. What am I doing wrong? I have no leaks, or cracks, or broken seals.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Try a couple of cap fulls of Rid-X after every black tank dump/flush.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #31

Or two tablespoons of Happy Camper.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Try a couple of cap fulls of Rid-X after every black tank dump/flush.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Do I add the RidX instead of my regular deodorizer or in addition to? I assume I still add the 8 gallons of water as well? You'll have to pardon all my questions, I'm brand new at full time RVing.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #33

I have learned to turn the (fart Fan) off before flushing. Because it will suck the smell right back into the bathroom.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
I have learned to turn the (fart Fan) off before flushing. Because it will suck the smell right back into the bathroom.

Any running vent fan creates a negative pressure in the coach which pulls the tank black odor up through the toilet when flushing.

I use only Rid-X, (in both tanks).
Rid-X does not make the tanks smell any better, (but unlike the expensive RV tank chemicals), it does not make the tanks smell WORSE!....(IMO sewage with perfume added smells like perfumed sewage).

If everything is working correctly, (and no vent fans are running), the tank odor will not enter the living area of the coach, (therefore it does not matter what the content in the tanks it smells like).

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #35

Rid-X is unnecessary when using Happy Camper. Happy Camper controls foul odors (without deodorant perfume) and keeps the sensor and tank operating effectively. No Rid-X, no deodorizer, no water softener, no detergent, no colored chemicals, no bleach, no formaldehyde, and no excessive amounts of water. Just two tablespoons (as little as 53 cents depending on amount purchased) of Happy Camper per 40 gallons of waste tank capacity dissolved in two gallons of water poured into an empty tank will promote beneficial aerobic bacteria, break down waste and lubricate tank inside surfaces. Use the toilet and bathroom sink normally, no extra water necessary, and dump when at least half full.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #36

I think I have tried about every OTC remedy mentioned on this forum with no luck at all. Several people mentioned Happy Camper and I finally broke down and ordered it, wow was I a Happy Camper. . It really works as advertised.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
Rid-X is unnecessary when using Happy Camper. Happy Camper controls foul odors (without deodorant perfume) and keeps the sensor and tank operating effectively. No Rid-X, no deodorizer, no water softener, no detergent, no colored chemicals, no bleach, no formaldehyde, and no excessive amounts of water. Just two tablespoons (as little as 53 cents depending on amount purchased) of Happy Camper per 40 gallons of waste tank capacity dissolved in two gallons of water poured into an empty tank will promote beneficial aerobic bacteria, break down waste and lubricate tank inside surfaces. Use the toilet and bathroom sink normally, no extra water necessary, and dump when at least half full.
"Happy Camper" sounds like "Rid-X" by another name.
el
'96 Safari
Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just curious about the title of this post... Is there ever a "wanted" toilet odor? :-)
Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek
Just curious about the title of this post... Is there ever a "wanted" toilet odor? :-)
I have wanted to ask this question since day 1.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
"Happy Camper" sounds like "Rid-X" by another name.
el
'96 Safari
Actually, no.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #41

I went through that with my 98 Jayco right after I purchased it. Even though Happy Camper was highly recommended here, I tried about everything else including Ridex with the same persisting problem. I finally broke down and ordered Happy Camper and was I surprised, it works very well. It's not unusual for us to go 10 days between dumps with no odor. If the temperature is real hot I may use a second treatment between dumps. I'm sold on Happy Camper. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #42

Well if you dont want an oder coming from it quit pooing in it... Just Kidding... I had this happen in a coach before, turned out to be toilet paper plugging the roof top vent pipe in the tank. CAREFULLY go on the roof with a hose and run water down it. DON'T OVER FLOW IT..

Tags
odor