Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #43

What a wonderful useful thread this has been Fabulous experienced sharing of information here from so many of you. Off to get Happy Camper now (LOL).
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
We had this same problem.Day 2 in the trip.My wife asked me ,she knows i sit down so i was not the problem.We just started to travel with the cat,so that had to be it she was peeing on things to get back at us.Put her in her carrier (she really hates it,but can not have this )well the smell got worse !
At a rest stop i started looking around and found the gray water valve had come open just a little and the cap was not as tight as it should be.A little bit of grey water in the bay the smell being sucked up by air pressure while driving smelled like piss.Got ever thing cleaned up(bleach water in bay area and air) made sure valve was shut cap tight and no more smell. Not sure if this could be your problem,but check your gray water valve.I now check every several stop just incase road vibration caused the problem.That is what i told my wife anyway. Now the cat just does not understand how these things work in life.Get the carrier out she runs for the hills?
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screiver View Post
My odor only comes when I flush. I'm using "Pure Power Blue" digester/odor eliminator. This is enzyme/bacteria chemical, so I had my system pressure washed (black and grey) before beginning using it to prevent chemical mismatch. My tank is only 1/3 full, so I don't want to dump the tank so often, but the smell isn't funny when company is about. What am I doing wrong? I have no leaks, or cracks, or broken seals.
Bet you had your vent fan on...

Make sure your Bathroom vent fan is OFF for sure and any other vent fans in your rig as well. They create negative pressure and will literally suck the air out of your black tank and into your living and breathing space
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #46

Oh... And one of these is worth it's weight in GOLD!

Chemical Dispensing Systems for RV & Marine | Blue Streak LLC

Pro Tip: After you go through the blue streak just "mix your own:" equal thirds of SuperClean, PineSol, & Water.

Ever 2 dumps or so, add 1/4 cup of RVDigestIt to your Black tank - this will keep a nice population of biologics in your tank
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:03 PM   #47

Reading through this thread made me wonder..... Is there such a thing as a desirable toilet odor?
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #48

they are usually next to your batroom ptrap take your pick i got the 5 dollar one stopped all odors Search Results forĀ*air admittance valveĀ*at The Home Depot
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP Kirk View Post
Reading through this thread made me wonder..... Is there such a thing as a desirable toilet odor?
SKP Kirk
That was my 1st thought.
However, after reading the replies, I realize some people are "okay" with living in a coach that smells like Pine Sol AND SEWAGE.....(OR Lysol & SEWAGE... bleach & SEWAGE... Pure Power & SEWAGE... Happy Camper & SEWAGE....etc)....rather than finding and fixing their odor problem.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:16 AM   #50

I just had this problem with my Thetford toilet, The urine smell was baffling me also. I have had 2 other Thetford toilets and never had this smell, I cleaned around the base, washed the rug, washed every place I could. The smell persisted. I found that this toilet has a decorative plastic over the lower part that is held in lace with 2 rubber bands one lower one higher at the very rear. I took them off and removed the skirting cover and it was disgusting what I saw. I cleaned the real toilet and no more smell. If you don't remove the skirting you are not cleaning where the splashes of pee are ending up. We decided to keep the skirting off, this solved our urine smell.
Captnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #51
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've been using Happy Camper tank treatment for a long time and never have any odors!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
odor