Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Upgrading to 40" HDTV, Adding DirecTV Trav'ler dish, custom cabinets

We're wanting to get our old 32" tv removed and have the cabinets modified to accommodate a new Samsung 40" Ultra HD installed, BluRay surround , and a Direct TV HD receiver. Also, we would like the Direct TV Travler dish installed. All new wiring and controls.

We're home based in California, but will travel. We're wanted to get opinions, suggestions, and learn from anyone who has had this work done and also recommendations based on your experience or or that of others you know about what businesses offer this kind of service.

We're looking for business in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona.

Thanks so much.
Mary Burton
National Dolphin 2005

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #2

I've had lots of work completed at Temecula Valley RV. I've found them to be good to work with, and really appreciated the attention to detail by the tech we usually work with, Donnie. The owner, Erik, was hands on in helping us on many different phases of modifications. Providing solid advice on things we should consider.

Our last major job, was putting in:
-40" Samsung 4K TV.
-Modification of the cabinet for the TV, as well as adding an articulating arm, so we could pull out the TV to angle it more to the side slide we sit in.
-Installed new 14" Martin Logan HiFi speakers. (Note: I was more interested in HiFi reproduction, then Surround Sound. Others I know add Sound Bars to improve Surround Sound broadcasting in the RV.)
-New Marantz NR1504 Receiver (Chosen for low power usage, and superior HiFi Stereo sound. Does a good job on Surround Sound too, if that is important to you.)
-Oppo BDP-95 Darby BluRay
-Winegard Travler (DirecTV)
-Winegard Auto RAZR OTA antenna (does a great job)
-WInegard Sensar IV OTA Crank Up (Wanted the raisable mast to get another antenna for WiFI up off of the roof.)
-Samsung Residential Fridge

These were just from the last visit (Along with some light body repair, too.), we have had other extensive work completed with Temecula Valley RV too.

I found the pricing to be fair for the region, good communication, and will work with you if (when) problems occur. (Major mod's will have things that pop-up. Defective parts being one! How a company works with you and the supplier to resolve these items, is important.). Erik and his crew, go out of their way to earn your repeat business. Very much enjoy working with Dianne, our Service Contact Expert when our rig is with them.

-----

OK, so that was Southern California area. If going to Oregon, give Oregon Motor Coach a call. Just real class operation all around. They can do it all!!!

Zero reservations on recommending either of these businesses.

Best,
Smitty

Old 03-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
I've had lots of work completed at Temecula Valley RV. I've found them to be good to work with, and really appreciated the attention to detail by the tech we usually work with, Donnie. The owner, Erik, was hands on in helping us on many different phases of modifications. Providing solid advice on things we should consider.

Our last major job, was putting in:
-40" Samsung 4K TV.
-Modification of the cabinet for the TV, as well as adding an articulating arm, so we could pull out the TV to angle it more to the side slide we sit in.
-Installed new 14" Martin Logan HiFi speakers. (Note: I was more interested in HiFi reproduction, then Surround Sound. Others I know add Sound Bars to improve Surround Sound broadcasting in the RV.)
-New Marantz NR1504 Receiver (Chosen for low power usage, and superior HiFi Stereo sound. Does a good job on Surround Sound too, if that is important to you.)
-Oppo BDP-95 Darby BluRay
-Winegard Travler (DirecTV)
-Winegard Auto RAZR OTA antenna (does a great job)
-WInegard Sensar IV OTA Crank Up (Wanted the raisable mast to get another antenna for WiFI up off of the roof.)
-Samsung Residential Fridge

These were just from the last visit (Along with some light body repair, too.), we have had other extensive work completed with Temecula Valley RV too.

I found the pricing to be fair for the region, good communication, and will work with you if (when) problems occur. (Major mod's will have things that pop-up. Defective parts being one! How a company works with you and the supplier to resolve these items, is important.). Erik and his crew, go out of their way to earn your repeat business. Very much enjoy working with Dianne, our Service Contact Expert when our rig is with them.

-----

OK, so that was Southern California area. If going to Oregon, give Oregon Motor Coach a call. Just real class operation all around. They can do it all!!!

Zero reservations on recommending either of these businesses.

Best,
Smitty
Thank you, Smitty! You've provided great information. We have so much to learn about MH'ing. I appreciate your time and recommendations.

Mary
Old 03-21-2016, 06:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Mary
We belong to the Beaver Ambassador Club and many of our group have used a craftsman in Bend, Oregon named Jim Sizemore to do major and minor renovations. The name of the business is RV Outfitters in Bend, Oregon.

Bend is a nice place to visit and there are many things to do.

We have seen the finished product of many renovations and they have all looked great.

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #5

There's a few places in the Mesa/Phoenix area that can do that type of work. One that comes to mind is RV Renovators in Mesa. They have an in house carpentry shop that does really fine work. I'm not familiar with the floor plan of your coach, but you might want to check into having a thin cabinet w/TV Lift made that would be put across from the sitting area. It's what I and others have done to stop having to twist our necks to watch TV. I wish I could post a pic of ours, but maybe someone like MSHAPPYCAMPERS who was our inspiration will post.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Mary, don't know if this will be any help, but this is what we did.

The head-banger is finally GONE!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
TV conversion

Very nice work, Joe. Thanks for that link. We've seen this before and love ergonomics of being able to face forward to view the tv screen. I'd like getting these kind of ideas....I know there are options to that overhead screen that, yes, has been in the way of my head too many times.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
We have had work done by Davis Cabinets, Amazing Creations, and Oregon Motorcoach. All are located in the Eugene/Junction City area of Oregon.

Any one of these companies will do you an excellent job. Plus there is no sales tax in OR so you can get even more done!

From the Modesto area it is an easy days drive
Old 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM   #9

I used Marks Audio Visual in Irwindale CA. They're where the 605/210 intersect. I had a new 32 inch, dialed in my Directv and Satellite, the cabinet cleaned up, new mount, cleaned up the wiring, added exterior speakers and wired the patio bay for outside tv if we choose to do that.
Good clean work.

kiethco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish