Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Upholstery fabric

Does anyone have a resource for OEM upholstery fabric? I have a 1993 Four Winds and would like to re-cover a couple of the cushions.

Dave and Sandy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
If your RV is older than one year it will be unlikly that you can match any fabric. Your best chance is to go to a fabric outlet with a sample and match as best you can.
I was recently at the Winnebago Factory and they were selling out fabrics that they had left from the previous models and they indicated this was normal practice.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Without knowing anything about the OEM fabric and not being familiar with your unit it's difficult to assist. For instance - OEM on my '08 Bounder seats, sofa and love seat is Ultraleather 303 Brisa, Desert Clay. Fleetwood cannot supply it directly but can get it from Flexsteel and I can order online a number of places.

Don't give up just yet because of age. It's amazing what you can find if you're willing to spend the time. But maybe it's a good time to think about changing the fabric out altogether. More money yes but not sure that if you found new old stock how well it would match the other original fabric. Could be "brighter" and require a whole do over anyway. If your going for "as new" that's another animal.

Good luck. Maybe Santa will leave you a bolt of fabric. Suspect you would have needed to be pretty darn nice though.
Happy hunting and holidays.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #4

I did a similar search for a 92 Fleetwood and was SOL - suggest you take a sample into furniture upholster shop and let them do a search.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg5000
I did a similar search for a 92 Fleetwood and was SOL - suggest you take a sample into furniture upholster shop and let them do a search.
I'm curious - no experience with '90's model Fleetwood units. Are you the registered owner with Fleeowood and if so, when you call for owner services - do they have wiring diagrams, paint codes and the like for your unit. They are really good with this stuff on newer units. Again just curious as to how sophisticated their computer system is and the history they have on file. Never know what the future holds and I'm curious.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'm curious - no experience with '90's model Fleetwood units. Are you the registered owner with Fleeowood and if so, when you call for owner services - do they have wiring diagrams, paint codes and the like for your unit. They are really good with this stuff on newer units. Again just curious as to how sophisticated their computer system is and the history they have on file. Never know what the future holds and I'm curious.
They know the fabric name - just don't maintain supply.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg5000

They know the fabric name - just don't maintain supply.
That's a start I guess. No manufacturer or number makes it tough. Did you ask about other things - wiring diagrams, paint codes, etc? Still - good to know they have some info to help maintain and restore. I'm sure you googleed the name.
Happy Holidays
Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #8

About 3 years ago, I was searching for some OEM upholstery fabric for a 2004 Gulfstream Conquest Class C we had at the time. The folks at Gulfstream were very helpful, telling me the name of the fabric and who their supplier of it was. When I called the supplier, it turned out the supplier would only sell wholesale to businesses, but Gulfstream was nice enough to order it for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danandcarol
About 3 years ago, I was searching for some OEM upholstery fabric for a 2004 Gulfstream Conquest Class C we had at the time. The folks at Gulfstream were very helpful, telling me the name of the fabric and who their supplier of it was. When I called the supplier, it turned out the supplier would only sell wholesale to businesses, but Gulfstream was nice enough to order it for me.
That was exactly my experience with Fleetwood - Flexsteel would sell it to Fleetwood and them to me. Or I could get it online - or the upholstery shop could order it. I have not pulled the trigger yet - it's a winter project hopefully. It does look like going through Fleetwood might actually cost less than the other options which seems odd. Since I think it's pretty common for manufacturers to change fabrics / colors in coaches but suppliers have it available, hence my interest in the OPs project.